Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking Advice on First Time BIPAP Settings
Seeking Advice on First Time BIPAP Settings
Hello everyone, I'm M, 28, and I could really use some help and advice. I've been dealing with UARS symptoms since May 2023. My primary care recommended a sleep study, so I did two, one with ResMed through my insurance and another with Lofta. The Lofta study showed a pRDI of 15.6, indicating minimal apnea episodes. I initially thought it was due to nasal congestion and tried azelastine hydrochloride and nasal strips, which helped briefly, but the symptoms returned.

Now, I'm considering CPAP and decided on a BIPAP machine, given its reported effectiveness for UARS. My AirCurve 10 VAuto machine is arriving tomorrow. Can anyone advise on the best initial settings for IPAP and EPAP to start with and collect accurate data?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking Advice on First Time BIPAP Settings
Your AHI is negligible, so I think start with low pressure and 4.0 cm of pressure support and let's see what happens. Here is my take:
EPAP min 5.0
Max Pressure (IPAP) 12.0
Pressure Support: 4.0

All other settings at default.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking Advice on First Time BIPAP Settings
Got it! Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 7 103 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 866 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,526 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.