Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Question for those with the Airfit F30i mask
RE: Question for those with the Airfit F30i mask
Agree with Mitch

Have a look at #21 and #31 in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...light=F30i

Hope this helps even just a little, I am thinking of going back to my F30i for a while.

Moderator Note:
Shortcut link to Post #21
Shortcut link to Post #31
------------
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link!  I had tried to search for certain mask models, but if they aren't 4 characters, it doesn't seem to do the search.  If I search with eg airfit or mask in the search bar it pulls up too much.  So this is good to have.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve had good luck using Google and Duck, Duck Go searching Apnea Board. Use this format in the search bar:

site:apneaboard.com "ResMed F30i”

You can replace the text in the quotation marks with keywords of your choice to search for whatever you want. You can also replace apneaboard.com with other site addresses, as needed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will try this!

another question on the F30 and F30i:  If I am right at the edge of small on the F30i mask sizing guide would suggestion be to get a small or medium mask.  Don't want too tight but I don't want leaks or too much air in my face so...

In the F30i I am a medium, my nose just fits in that first half oval but instructions are just pics so it's hard to tell exactly how to use it, I am assuming shouldn't touch edges.

Post Reply Post Reply
These links will give you more detailed instructions on sizing your cushion and frame for the F30i. Be sure to measure the scale on the side of your fitting guides after printing them to be sure they are to scale. If they’re not to scale they won’t be accurate.  

Fitting guide for the F30i Frame

AirFit F30i: Measuring for your mask at home

The standard mask starter kit comes with a standard frame and a small, medium and medium wide cushions so all of those sizes will fit on the small frame.

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am definitely a small frame but for the mask, they say your nose can't pass the dotted line.  Then why are there 3 sets of colors in the ovals and they guy in the videos nose I am pretty sure went into the colored area. I assume your nose is supposed to fit in that middle color strip?
Post Reply Post Reply
I found this video showing the use of the F30i sizing guide. Each of the color cutouts on the guide has a darker line of the same color in the middle. In other words, the red cutout has a dark red line in the middle of the red area running all of the way around the red cutout, the blue cutout has a dark blue line in the middle of the blue area running all the way around the blue cutout, etc. If the nose touches the middle line, it is the correct size. If it doesn’t reach the middle line, check the next smaller cutout. If it goes over the middle line, check the next larger cutout.

I think the dotted line we are seeing described in the printed instructions is a description taken from the video which does show a dotted line in the middle of the darker colored lines for illustration purposes but which is not actually on the sizing guide. It was used to indicate the furthest to go for the size the color indicates. If it goes over the middle, choose the next size.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2022, 03:52 PM)MitchS Wrote: ...We prefer all treatment related posts be kept in one thread. This would be a good one since your questions about your mask are directly related to your treatment being successful. This is to help other member help you easier... 
I agree that individual treatment related questions such as adjustments to say pressure settings be kept to one thread. But on issues such as problems with the F30i are of general interest. I've been having problems with masks and I clicked on this thread because of the heading mentioning the F30i. In a single thread related to an individual's treatment, many different topics from mask fit to pressure settings to dry mouth can be discussed. In fact, shortcuts links such as those above to other discussions on the F30i show that the search function is not adequate in sieving through the threads for a particular topic. I would like to suggest that issues of general interest, say mask fittings or how much water to put in the humidifier tank, be posted as separate threads instead of being buried in one very long thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cathyf- you were spot on with your description of the F30i and the huge headgear.  And it was like it was blowing a ton of air out too.  I think I may have to go back to the F20 as the F30i also gave me an AHI of 6.9 and CA 5.2 which I have never had so high before.  The mask part seemed comfortable but something went wrong, I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mitch, I couldn’t find any mask
starter kits that came with small medium and large masks for F30 or F30i ? I had bought Dreamwear kits that had that but could not find the Resmed versions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 131 04-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,204 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,010 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,575 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,057 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,367 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 235 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.