Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Question
Question
I have not used my cpap machine in over a year is there any way it could cause any pain in my shoulder and/or neck pain. also I was going to start using it, But I feel like I don't get enough air to breath. (it has been unpluged all this time could it have lost its setting.
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question
G'day kaustin6, welcome to Apnea Board

I wouldn't normally expect a CPAP to cause neck or shoulder pain. It's conceivable that wearing the mask might cause you to sleep in an uncomfortable position which might put some strain on your neck or shoulder.

As for the other questions. It's really hard to advise you without knowing the make & model of your machine or your settings. Please fill in your profile to help us help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kaustin6,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Which machine do you have? It would be helpful if you put it into your profile so people could helpp you better.
Much success to you and hopefully, you can have better success this time around.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
wow I replied to this thread and none of my post are here
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 01:12 AM)kaustin6 Wrote: also I was going to start using it, But I feel like I don't get enough air to breath. (it has been unpluged all this time could it have lost its setting.

Hi kaustin6, welcome to Apnea Board.

I wouldn't expect the machine to forget it's settings from being without power for a year or three.

It is common to feel uncomfortable if the Pressure or Start Pressure is too low, such as less than 6 or 8.

What DeepBreathing wrote.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 03:17 PM)me50 Wrote: wow I replied to this thread and none of my post are here

Check your post history (found here). I think you put it in another thread called "Still Tired".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 04:29 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 03:17 PM)me50 Wrote: wow I replied to this thread and none of my post are here

Check your post history (found here). I think you put it in another thread called "Still Tired".

or, done what I have done... hit preview, then forgot to hit post.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 04:29 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

Yea, I did check my post history but just didn't realize the OP did as I suggested and open a new thread. oh well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,425 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.