Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] REMstar 220p Philips Respironics Card Reader
REMstar 220p Philips Respironics Card Reader
Is there a program that will let me view the data collected on the Philips Respironics SD for a REMStar SE 220P?

I tried sleepfiles/sleepyhead and its not compatible.

I appreciate your help Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar 220p Philips Respironics Card Reader
Hi djhuggybear, welcome to Apnea Board

Unfortunately, the PR System One REMstar SE units are not data-capable. They only record hours of use (compliance hours). No software can read data that isn't there.

See this wiki article for more info on "Machine Choices":

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

If this CPAP machine was given to you recently, take it back to the DME (Durable Medical Equipment supplier) who gave it to you and demand a data-capable CPAP machine (see article link above for which ones are data-capable). DMEs are notorious for handing out what we call "brick" CPAPs (not data-capable). They get reimbursed by insurance for the same amount (whether they give you a data-capable CPAP or a "brick" like the REMstar SE)... but they make more money by giving you a low-end brick machine that they can purchase at a lower cost.

Be firm and insist and don't put up with bad behaviour like this - they are the ones being unscrupulous by dispensing a low-end machine in order to maximize their profits. You're here on Apnea Board, which means you want to take a more active role in your own CPAP therapy. You can't do that without a machine that records data.

Especially so if your pressure is 19 as you list in your profile. The maximum pressure on your CPAP machine is 20. With that high of pressure, you really need a data-capable machine so you and your doctor can see what's going on with your AHI levels. If indeed that pressure is accurate, at some point you may need a bi-level CPAP machine, which usually go up to around 25 cmH2O of pressure. Or better yet an auto-bilevel machine that will automatically adjust to your changing needs. But again, unless you can see your nightly AHI levels, you'll have no idea as to how effective the treatment is.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
So there isn't a way to get the compliance logs either? I wish I had known more when I got this several years ago...
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2016, 07:09 PM)djhuggybear Wrote: So there isn't a way to get the compliance logs either?

Yes, you should be able to use EncoreBasic - it's Philips-Respironics' proprietary software that will allow you to print up the compliance data.

You can get it for free here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi djhuggybear,
WELCOME! to the forum!, and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,810 10 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.