Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] REMstar Auto A-flex
RE: REMstar Auto A-flex
(05-14-2015, 03:54 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 03:30 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: Hi there, thanks for the great info on my CPAP, Yes it is the A 60.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

A 60? It may be a 60 series unit, but that is not the full model number. If you take out the water tank and flip the machine over, you should see, right above the S/N barcode, a box that says "REF" and next to it it will have the model number you need. In the attached pic it is a 560P model.

Check the bottom and let us know the complete number. Are you going to keep this machine or is it a loaner until you finalize what you will get?

Hi there,

Does it really matter what number it is as long as it helps me. Its an auto CPAP. They all pretty much do the same thing, doesn't matter to me make or model just as long as i get better.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 04:02 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 03:39 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 02:09 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If you find yourself "breathless" at 4... don't be afraid to move that bottom number up to 6 or 7... I started with 6 and moved to 7 within the first month - can't imagine trying to breath at only 4 (altho some say they do...)

Hi and thanks for your thoughts. Because it's an auto it will give me the pressure i need when i need it am i right? So it won't be at a set number until I go back to the Doc. If i need only 4 that's a good thing no? I think they are trying to figure out where i will be at by putting 4-18, somewhere between those figures.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

if 4 is the bottom number then it will try its best to go down to 4 over and over, and it will start at 4. If mine was at 4 I would hyperventilate or mouth breathe. Neither of those are good. The beginning pressure should be comfortable. If 4 is comfortable, then well enough. If it isn't though, I would not leave that as the bottom number for 1 second. Smile

Hi there and thanks for your thoughts,

I think this is like a trial to see where i will be most comfortable if at 4, 18 or somewhere in between, that's what the Doc is trying to figure out i suppose. Is it not the same as titration only at home?

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 04:51 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: Does it really matter what number it is as long as it helps me. Its an auto CPAP. They all pretty much do the same thing, doesn't matter to me make or model just as long as i get better.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

We're hoping you get better too. So, yes, it matters. Not because we are trying to be nosy, but because that information helps us better help you.

If we can know exactly what machine and equipment you have and what the configuration it is set up in, it makes it easier to answer a lot of questions and provide relevant input. That is why there is a feature in the user profile to put that kind of information there. If you include that then folks that may have experience with a similar setup and have seen what you are asking about will be able to help you out.

If somebody says "I'm new and I downloaded Sleepyhead and tried to read my data, but no detailed data shows up." Well, the first thing we need to know before we can help is "what CPAP"? If the answer is "A Respironics System One REMStar CPAP", well, then OK.... but that still doesn't tell us much. If they say "a Respironics System One CPAP model 260", then we know right away that that is not a data capable machine and can reply "Don't bother looking for detailed data, it isn't available with that particular unit." If they say "a Respironics System One CPAP model 460", then somebody can say "Oh, well, make sure full data reporting feature is turned on and here are the steps to follow on the menus to do that on that machine..."

Respironics has made it more difficult because they have several generations and families of units that are all labeled "REMStar" so telling what somebody has by that reference is very hard. "REMStar Auto" could be any number of machines from brand new to ten year old models with varying features and capabilities.

Now, if your current machine is a loaner, great. I get it. You may not want to know a lot about it because it's going back in a few days. But even then, it might be able to help give you insight as to what specific machine you might want to ask for when you get your new unit. In the example above, you may want to make sure you get a data capable machine (the 460 vs the 260). If you are a person that really doesn't have an interest in the data, then maybe you would be comfortable with a non-data capable machine - what others call a "brick". But somebody else might point out that having the data available - even if you don't want it - may enable your doctor to better make you feel better some day.

But, from this point, I'll just stand over here....

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 06:10 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 04:51 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: Does it really matter what number it is as long as it helps me. Its an auto CPAP. They all pretty much do the same thing, doesn't matter to me make or model just as long as i get better.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

We're hoping you get better too. So, yes, it matters. Not because we are trying to be nosy, but because that information helps us better help you.

If we can know exactly what machine and equipment you have and what the configuration it is set up in, it makes it easier to answer a lot of questions and provide relevant input. That is why there is a feature in the user profile to put that kind of information there. If you include that then folks that may have experience with a similar setup and have seen what you are asking about will be able to help you out.

If somebody says "I'm new and I downloaded Sleepyhead and tried to read my data, but no detailed data shows up." Well, the first thing we need to know before we can help is "what CPAP"? If the answer is "A Respironics System One REMStar CPAP", well, then OK.... but that still doesn't tell us much. If they say "a Respironics System One CPAP model 260", then we know right away that that is not a data capable machine and can reply "Don't bother looking for detailed data, it isn't available with that particular unit." If they say "a Respironics System One CPAP model 460", then somebody can say "Oh, well, make sure full data reporting feature is turned on and here are the steps to follow on the menus to do that on that machine..."

Respironics has made it more difficult because they have several generations and families of units that are all labeled "REMStar" so telling what somebody has by that reference is very hard. "REMStar Auto" could be any number of machines from brand new to ten year old models with varying features and capabilities.

Now, if your current machine is a loaner, great. I get it. You may not want to know a lot about it because it's going back in a few days. But even then, it might be able to help give you insight as to what specific machine you might want to ask for when you get your new unit. In the example above, you may want to make sure you get a data capable machine (the 460 vs the 260). If you are a person that really doesn't have an interest in the data, then maybe you would be comfortable with a non-data capable machine - what others call a "brick". But somebody else might point out that having the data available - even if you don't want it - may enable your doctor to better make you feel better some day.

But, from this point, I'll just stand over here....

OMMOHY

Thanks for your thoughts, Indeed you are right about the profile. I filled it in. All the machines do the same thing no doubt! Different companies in competition so they are i suppose upgrading all the time. Mine's an Auto and i think it's the one you said in your first reply 560.

I done great with it on my first night 7 hours comfortable sleep except at some point during the night i woke and the pressure seemed very fast and high, maybe it was an event, but i didn't wake fully. As i was waking this morning, there was barely a pressure, very little sound of pressure, so don't know what it all means, but hopefully i am doing it right.

No need to step aside am very grateful for your thoughts Smile

I think this machine will be for good, not a loan, i could be wrong but i didn't ask the technician that question, I will know when i go back in a couple of weeks.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 634 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 273 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 626 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,086 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 469 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.