Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Rainout/dry mouth issues
RE: Rainout/dry mouth issues
Best to set humidity to Auto and just adjust the temperature. Higher temperature = higher moisture content for the same relative humdity. Climateline auto humdity should deliver 85% RH air and should avoid rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks kappa!

I'll check my settings. I knew my S9E well (22,100 + hours) I don't know the S10 *for her* well.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue with dry mouth.. AKA mouth comes open when sleeping.. I bought this and it helps support the mouth from opening when sleeping..  Only comes in one color PINK so yeah..  But so far it solved my open mouth issue..  

Amazon : ParaFaciem Reusable V Line Mask Facial Slimming Strap Double Chin Reducer Chin Up Mask Face Lifting Belt V Shaped Slimming Face Mask

Can't post a link (newwbie)  

put the rest of the URL in:

/dp/B08J16FXGM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SleepyRob!

Welcome to the forum.

This is similar to what I used to buy...the ear cutout kept it from slipping off my head (baldspot!) I hadn't seen this one. Thank you!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I do question whether your heated tube is working. My first one never felt warm and I am pretty sure it was defective because my next one at max 86 degree setting was very clearly warm to the touch and rainout stopped. I belive it should feel warm or it is likely not working.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also concerned that my tubing is not working.  I'm still getting condensation even with the tube blanket.  Heat and humidity settings don't do much good.  My tubing does not feel warm even when set at 86.  I'm not getting any fault readings from the machine about the tubing, and it does recognize when the climateline tubing is attached, so I don't know.  I'm going to talk to the rep at the DME and see what he thinks.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.  Keep 'em coming...I need all the help I can get!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave 
I am also brand new and have the same machine as you, same pressures & f20 mask.  Did you end up getting a bigger mask?  I am also using the f20 but the airfit rather than airtouch (silicone vs memory foam) it is the 5th mask I have tried and by far the best one, I’m wondering if the memory foam is even better.  

The other thing is I tried the climatelineair hose for one night only, 2 nights ago, and it seemed to cause my mask to get wet (which at that point was an airfit N20 nasal mask so actually it was probably more the nasal mask at fault) so I switched back to the standard hose that came with my machine and had much better Oscar results but no idea if it was the mask, the hose or that I turned down the EPR.    I sleep with my room much much colder than you though (65 degrees).  

I also did not feel like the climateline hose really heated up the air much at all like it wasn’t working and did not feel warm to the touch.

Just wanted to add my (very limited) experience since we have several similarities!
Post Reply Post Reply
ECM,

I have not yet asked for a bigger mask.  I have been able to get the F20 AirTouch so it does not leak, but I may have it tightened too much.  But it does not leak, so I may just let it ride.  I would like to try the AirFit because memory foam is rather finicky if it gets wet, and with my condensation problem that could cause the memory foam to deform and leak.

I really am not sure what the problem is with my climate settings.  I cannot set the humidity any lower than 5, otherwise I get dry mouth.  The temperature of the tube seems to make no difference in the condensation issue.  My Oscar data looks much better since I got the blanket for the tube, but I still cannot shake the condensation problem.  I'm going to talk to my DME next week to see what they suggest about the tubing and the mask.

In spite of all of the issues I'm having with climate settings, my AHI has been under 1.5 ever since I got the tube cover.  I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, although I still get tired about mid afternoon.  But I'm going to sleep faster, and I'm only waking up maybe once a night rather than 4 or 5 times a night, so something is definitely working.  According to my Garmin tracker I'm still not getting enough deep sleep, and my SpO2 is still in the upper 80s to low 90s.  I know, it's not a medical device so I should take that data with a grain of salt.  But if I'm feeling a little better I guess that's a good start.

I, too have limited experience, so I check here on a regular basis to see what others say.  Good luck to you...it's obviously a learning experience, and we'll probably never stop learning about this stuff!
Post Reply Post Reply
Which Garmin tracker do you have?  I have the vivosmart and my spo2 was always going low into the 80s or even high 70s, always wondered how accurate it was and maybe I should have gotten the sleep study sooner - but I also think it is not as accurate as the O2 ring I have which is by Wellue and got on Amazon.  The vivosmart only tracks for 4 (or 5) hours a night I think.

I can say that the silicon mask feels like I am not wearing a mask at all which was surprising to me. And apparently the memory foam is harder to clean and has to be replaced more often according to the rep.

Do you normally get insomnia, just wondering how you sleep with temp so warm !  I always thought body temp had to cool down in order to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Vivoactive 4...my wife has a Vivosmart 3.  We started with Fitbit until we started having issues with both the devices and the Android software for them.  The Garmin devices are so much better than FB.  I've always wanted to try an O2 ring.  My Garmin tracks SpO2 all night.

I've gotten used to my AirTouch to the point that I really don't feel it anymore, but I do think the silicon would be better...the memory foam just has too many potential issues, and yes, does need to be replaced more often.  I'll ask about switching when I ask about the tubing.

I have had sleep issues as long as I can remember.  Body temp does have to go down a little for sleep, but my sleep issues went much further than that.  Even with a cooler room I still had trouble falling asleep.  Since I started CPAP I'm falling asleep much, much faster...I used to take up to 2 hours to go to sleep, and then I'd wake up at least two or three times a night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 6 20 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 48 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.