Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Ramp auto setting changed
Ramp auto setting changed
I am a new user and have had my machine (Resmed Airsense 10 autoset) for 1 week. Need some info. I set my ramp to auto function which means it shouldn't kick in until I am asleep. It was a circular setting with clockwise dial number percentages. It worked ok for 3 days. Then 2 days ago, it changed to a setting of increments of 5 minutes, different than the last time I set it.

My inquiry is: I have registered for the myAir website x 1 week ago and have been getting the stats. I know this sounds kind of crazy but Is it possible for anyone on the receiving end of my data (at the myAir website) to CHANGE the settings on my machine, since they have to download the data??  It seems odd that it would change itself from a circle setting with percentages to a 5 min. increment setting . My ramp on auto function also seems to have lost its "wait until asleep function"-like it "kicks in" within 15-20 minutes and is not waiting till I get to sleep like it is supposed to do but only since the 5 min increment vs circular % feature changed. And if this is possible, what can I do to prevent this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ramp auto setting changed
Yes, ResMed's can be remotely configured. But that's not likely unless you're being titratrated.

The AutoRamp setting while pretty good isn't 100% reliable. It can come out of Ramp:
  • When it believes you're asleep (30 breaths of stable breathing) which doesn't mean you are asleep.
  • 30 Minutes
  • 5 consecutive snore breaths
  • 3 OAs or hypopnea in 2 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. What does "being titrated" mean??

and I was awake watching the ramp setting "not" kick in (this time). It worked until the ramp setting changed format. I think "something" changed the software setting for the ramp minutes and that affected how it worked as it only happened after that. Is that possible? It had to be from "home" (myAir) base. Not being conspiratorial-maybe some kind of update from home base? Do "they" do updates on their machines this way?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2019, 05:32 PM)pillow1 Wrote: Thanks for the response. What does "being titrated" mean??
For many, the initial period of using CPAP is for titration, determining pressure settings. At this time the healthcare providers can remotely configure your machine. But this is for therapy settings, not comfort settings.

I'm also unsure what you're describing when you describe the Ramp settings as being represented as a percentage. The Ramp setting has never been a percentage based setting. Always a dial from Off to Auto and lengths in 5 minute increments.

I don't know how the Settings could have changed formats.

The machines are capable of Over-the-Air firmware updates, to my knowledge there has been only one and that was quite a few years ago to address a problem with the heated humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 331 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,203 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.