Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anybody had success with positional therapies to force side sleeping?
RE: Has anybody had success with positional therapies to force side sleeping?
(12-13-2019, 07:51 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Thank you.  I wish I could change the title of the thread that has most of my info in it though.  Lol.  

Have a great night and thanks again.

Titles can be changed, just request what you would like it changed too.  A Moderator will come along and as long as it is reasonable it will happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 07:38 PM)Plmnb Wrote: This question made me start thinking about my own situation.  I have a couple of questions.   Should I post a new thread?  Post in my data thread?  Post in this thread?  I don't want to be a post hijacker or keep having threads deleted.  What is correct?

Thank you very much.

Plmnb, I'm glad you posted here. From your own thread you posted the results of sleep studies that show you have far higher rate of apnea on you left side rather than supine. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid323730

In my response to you I point to the  Positional Apnea Wiki, where I point out that supine sleeping is not necessarily the problem, it is chin tucking.  Different people may experience worse apnea or flow limitation in supine, side or prone sleeping, but too many think that the cure is to get everyone off their back.  That is not always or even most often the case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are Phillips Respironics ads for a ‘NightBalance’ device that purport to keep you sleeping on your side.  Anybody tried it?
Post Reply Post Reply
The buckwheat pillow has helped me stay put. I don't know what it is about it, but where I lie on it is where I stay all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I use the NightBalance nightly and I "learned" to sleep on my side. Much better than CPAP. Talk to your sleep doctor about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,606 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,869 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 404 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.