Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Realtime Monitoring?
Realtime Monitoring?
Hallo users,

when searching for ways to do a realtime monitoring of a cpap-device I did not find any thread here or in the web.
It is great to be able to read out the SD-card but did anyone try to get the adapters and - if needed, drivers and sw - for realtime-monitoring of his device?

Thanks to the community
Holger
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Realtime Monitoring?
Welcome to the forum. I have one question. How would you monitor your results in real time if you use the CPAP while you're sleeping?

Back to your question; I'm not aware of any software for the consumer xPAP type of units. What you describe is directed towards use in a Sleep Lab . . . . this stuff is major bucks!

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sgearhart,
thanks for Your welcome.
Answer to the first question: I'm married and she loves me almost with this awful elephant-trunk ;-) She'll be my laboratory assistant...
<< Ageing is nothing for Cowards (May West) >>

Realtime monitoring gives You the freedom to do anything with the output of the nPAP, not only viewing it (when sleeping)...
...but synchronizing with records of additional monitoring tools...

It's already a great thing to be able to synchronize recorded nPAP data with common pulse oximeters records. So this should be enough for the first time...

Greetings
Holger

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi holgi63,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2015, 08:38 AM)holgi63 Wrote: It's already a great thing to be able to synchronize recorded nPAP data with common pulse oximeters records. So this should be enough for the first time...

Greetings
Holger

I could be wrong but I believe that the Sleepyhead software will do what you are trying to do as far as syncing is concerned.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
@holgi63 - I don't know about the real-time monitoring part, but a lot of us use WiFi enabled SD cards so we don't have to pull the SD card out of the machine. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could write software that would poll the card for continuous updates.

Currently, I copy my data over WiFi to a file share every morning and use the sleepyhead software to read it. Sleepyhead seems to have no issues with the UNC path to my server, but doesn't like using the IP address to directly access my SD card. It's probably safer this way anyway. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a finger clip-on Ox sensor several times and can sync them to within a couple seconds which so far has been good enough for what I wanted to see. I just get everything setup and ready to start and push the CPAP start at the same time as the Ox sensor start. My finger clip unit also has alarms I could set if I wanted to wake up during set levels.

If you really want to have an every night log then at least on my Resmed machine I COULD get an attachment for the CPAP and it would record Ox and heart rate. I have looked at these and they run around $1,000 and require a prescription for the attachment.

As said above, real time with someone sitting at the computer the whole time your sleeping is lab equipment level and cost.

The finger clip units are $50-$100 and I would suggest that you consider trying one of those first to see what kind of data you get and if that gives you want you need. You could start with this while you research more complicated solutions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Sleep postures monitoring Pixel Ninja 1 365 07-09-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Capnography with CPAP (home monitoring) Apnea23 2 511 06-04-2023, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Tracking/Monitoring Device GoliGoli 0 486 08-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  DME charges for remote monitoring KC8RXQ 5 1,030 07-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 492 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.