Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Rebreathing Issues
RE: Rebreathing Issues
Unless your machine is a brick OSCAR will display detailed stats. Download it and try. Which specific model of S9 do you have?
2. Intended as a caution as well as a possible cause
1. If it has insufficient leakage you have a defective product.
Post Reply Post Reply
All consumer CPAP full face masks must have the AAV, anti-asphyxiation valve. Hospital use and some full face ventilator masks don't, as they can be designed different. This is an important note. And when present, the AAV is not your normal operation exhale vent.

The ring of vent holes under the QuietAir opaque ring are your vents for normal operation. Since we don't have laboratory testing, it's possible you're feeling some effects that this vent may be restricted slightly, but not completely blocked.

See my QuietAir review. Search Apnea Board for other threads and posted comments. I have cracked open the opaque ring and removed the glass pack muffler from the QuietAir. Mostly it was due to black spots on the white packing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an AirFit F30. It performs just fine. I've often wondered where my exhaled air goes? If I place my hand around the elbow, I can't detect any air.  Dont-know

It must be magic!  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Another F30 user here perplexed by the magic Smile  Other masks I've used I would put my hand in front of the vents to figure out if it's on. With the F30 I can't find the vents and so I have to  pop up the corner to hear the leak!

The air has to be going somewhere, but darned if I can figure it out!
Post Reply Post Reply
@Gideon:

Can the elbow for the Airtouch F20 be submerged in water for cleaning?  Will it damage the mesh if it's submerged in water?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been cleaning all my face mask equipment (elbow included) submerged in hot water. Been doing this for three years now, and no issues or problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but the mesh should be dry before use
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine once a week along with my hose. I used the first one 5 months until one of the little flaps broke. I'm certain the instructions said to wash it, but can't find my instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it be possible to submerge the mask in water while the CPAP machine is running? You should then be able to observe the bubbles, verifying that air is indeed escaping through the vent holes.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 51 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.