Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Recommendations for Books
Recommendations for Books
I'm very interested in learning much more about my obstructive sleep apnea and what's going on in my respiratory system, how apnea impacts the cardiovascular system and the brain, how it co-occurs with many other issues such as acid reflux, high blood pressure, and apparently many other medical issues. I've been using cpap for 7 months. I was lucky to find the Swift FX Nasal mask my second month on cpap (because it worked for me when the full face mask didn't) and my sleep doctor was satisfied with the results. I wish the sleep doctors would hand out Guides to Apnea along with our machines --- it'd make it easier for us to interpret our cpap data too. Can anyone recommend any books? Thanks so much. - barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendations for Books
Hi Barb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
That's a good question, such a book would be a great thing to have.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2013, 09:41 PM)SheltieRescueBarb Wrote: I'm very interested in learning much more about my obstructive sleep apnea and what's going on in my respiratory system, how apnea impacts the cardiovascular system and the brain, how it co-occurs with many other issues such as acid reflux, high blood pressure, and apparently many other medical issues. I've been using cpap for 7 months. I was lucky to find the Swift FX Nasal mask my second month on cpap (because it worked for me when the full face mask didn't) and my sleep doctor was satisfied with the results. I wish the sleep doctors would hand out Guides to Apnea along with our machines --- it'd make it easier for us to interpret our cpap data too. Can anyone recommend any books? Thanks so much. - barbara

SheltieRescueBarb, welcome, there are heaps of books out there, one I liked it by a NY ENT Dr Steven Park, it's called Sleep Interupted.

Dr Park also has a website and has webinars on SA although they have dropped off lately as he is extremely busy with his patients.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the recommendation and pointer to Dr. Parks' website. I'll check it out. I have considered the book Sleep Interrupted but as you noted, there are SO many options out there, that I just didn't know what I should spend my money on. The experience represented by the folks on this list is invaluable --- I thought I'd ask around here before ordering. Thanks again! - Barbara

(08-05-2013, 11:34 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 09:41 PM)SheltieRescueBarb Wrote: I'm very interested in learning much more about my obstructive sleep apnea and what's going on in my respiratory system, how apnea impacts the cardiovascular system and the brain, how it co-occurs with many other issues such as acid reflux, high blood pressure, and apparently many other medical issues. I've been using cpap for 7 months. I was lucky to find the Swift FX Nasal mask my second month on cpap (because it worked for me when the full face mask didn't) and my sleep doctor was satisfied with the results. I wish the sleep doctors would hand out Guides to Apnea along with our machines --- it'd make it easier for us to interpret our cpap data too. Can anyone recommend any books? Thanks so much. - barbara

SheltieRescueBarb, welcome, there are heaps of books out there, one I liked it by a NY ENT Dr Steven Park, it's called Sleep Interupted.

Dr Park also has a website and has webinars on SA although they have dropped off lately as he is extremely busy with his patients.

Post Reply Post Reply
Before buying any book, see if your library system has it.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2013, 09:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Before buying any book, see if your library system has it.

I agree with Paula, unfortunately the one I got wasn't in the libraries in Australia so had to buy it over the net but your US libraries may have it, try to also have a look around the shelves at other SA books.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found a neat website which lets you search local library catalogs: http://www.worldcat.org/

The best price I found so far is on Amazon (Kindle eBook edition).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,218 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 388 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.