Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Removing and reinserting SD Card
RE: Removing and reinserting SD Card
Aww, Surfie and I aren't about to get angry with each other. Just comparing experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's correct, R_G and I are always on good terms. He idolizes me and although it embarrasses me that he keeps saying, "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you SD", I can put up with that. I often tell him we have a symbiotic relationship but he just says, Huhsign

I did show up at sunrise and he was there but had forgotten what to bring...bless his heart.

Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps Windows 8.1 creates the Volume Information again when removing the card safely, as they call it?

I run Linux. I put the card in, copied the contents to the disk, created a small file on the card, removed it, unmounted the card, put it into the S9 and turned it on. After it was done with the card (without complaints), I switched it off, removed the card and put it into my computer again. Then I compared the saved contents with the current contents on the card. It's almost the same, with a bit of information added.

So, it's hard to say why surferdude2's S9 or Windows behaved differently. You could boot Linux to see if anything changes on the card. Windows, unfortunately, treats the user like a little kid, won't show it everything and does secret things when you don't look. Maybe XP would help, too.

I strongly believe that if you really remove the files Windows 8.1 creates, then your S9 will accept it. It would not have any way to find out that you modified anything after you reverted the modification.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi basstenor and Welcome

It's an enigma for sure. I can surmise it's the time stamp or checksum value on the FAT but I'd think others would have the same results...

I'll find the answer eventually...some rainy/snowy day when boredom takes over. It's looking more and more like I have a unique bug of some sort. I have been at this computer game in depth for quite a while and do lots of software testing for others. Consequently I have a strong backup regimen that employs more than one imaging software and cloning/copying tools (xxclone and xxcopy /clone) so I may have created some kind of monster that tracks things that no ordinary system would. Of course that would have to reside in the super hidden area that isn't accessible by ordinary means so as to escape the casual snooper. I'll have to log in under the "System" identity some day and snoop around.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 08:23 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: That's correct, R_G and I are always on good terms. He idolizes me and although it embarrasses me that he keeps saying, "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you SD", I can put up with that. I often tell him we have a symbiotic relationship but he just says, Huhsign

I did show up at sunrise and he was there but had forgotten what to bring...bless his heart.

R_G is old. He probably forgot to wind his pocket watch.
We have to cut him some slack; as he is a veteran living off his Civil War Pension. And, he has two puppies to feed.Eat-popcorn
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Surfie, the only other thing I can think of --- and I really imagine you've already checked for it ------ is if your machine had a spyware or virus that is infecting the card when you poke it in. It would have to be some sort of rootkit in order for you to not have seen an actual file. Anyhow if you haven't looked maybe run a rootkit spyware check?

and optionally, run out and pick up a new computer running Windows 8.1. Then at least you'll have an excuse for screwing up your card..................

oh, and by the way............. Good morning!
Post Reply Post Reply
GM and Okay Wait... Shhh The voices are talking. They said when they allow me to have a rootkit infection the frost will kill the snap-beans in Hades. I disagree but I didn't tell them...Nonosign

Thanks Tongue-out-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Huh Huh Huh

What is he talking about? Bahnhof?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Basstenor, welcome to our humble little site.

To answer your question, no one knows what he's talking about. He's Surfie, and we just sort of have to put up with him around here. But he's a nice guy. Or so I have been told.
Post Reply Post Reply
A Bahnhof is a railroad station.

Hallo Basstenor. willkommen.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Waking up/removing mask often - triggers in the data? Amherrypt 1 906 04-07-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Removing the balloon on motor expire VandeJ63 9 1,115 11-18-2022, 11:53 PM
Last Post: vk3hjq
  Fisher Paykel HC221LE [Advice on removing foam] S.Thompson 6 1,403 08-23-2022, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Nailer
  weird smell after removing mask? upat3am 18 12,228 04-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Morhaugn
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.