Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Removing and reinserting SD Card
RE: Removing and reinserting SD Card
'Bahnhof' is urban for 'I don't understand anything'

Huhu Basstenor!
Welcome here, too!

Fat Rat
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, thank you for the warm welcome, everybody!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 02:30 PM)Fat Rat Wrote: 'Bahnhof' is urban for 'I don't understand anything'

Huhu Basstenor!
Welcome here, too!

Fat Rat

An idiomatic expression... I have enough trouble with Deutsch.
Ich bin eine amerikaner. I am in Uelzen to research the loss of a B17 in 1945. Uelzen being a major rail hub north-south (Hamburg to Hanover) and east- west (Bremen to Berlin); I naturally thought of the railroad.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
People really run Win8? I ran XP Pro for a decade and I'm now likely to run Win7 for the next decade just like everybody else in corporate America. At that point, I'll be contemplating becoming retired_guy v2.0.

I put the SD card in my laptop after night #1 with a bit of trepidation and was too stooopid to remember that SD cards have a write protect slider. I hadn't needed to remember that since floppy disks went away many moons ago. I'm glad to know this thread exists if I somehow land on a Win8 machine some day.

Wouldn't the correct shell command on a Win8.1 machine be:
format c:

<ducks>
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 03:45 PM)justMongo Wrote: An idiomatic expression... I have enough trouble with Deutsch.

It's just my revenge for all the slang I have to go through every day, and you still keep changing it. Oh-jeez

Well, I have advice for you: Integrate it into your language, and it's yours. We do that all the time with your words Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 03:46 PM)GeoffD Wrote: Wouldn't the correct shell command on a Win8.1 machine be:
format c:

<ducks>

I think that's another Duck joke!
Post Reply Post Reply
First I am pretty sure Resscan and Sleepyhed won't run in Win 3.11, You may need to upgrade to Win 95.
Second, a real floppy disk 8" does not have a slide tab, it uses a litle sticky label to cover the notch, as does a 5.25" floppy. The 3.5" disks inappropriatly stole the name from real floppy disks.
Third, why would anyone be running Win 8.x? If you just stick with Win 7 you wouldn't have MS doing as much secret stuff behind you back.
It sounds like we all just need to revert to Dos 3.1 and solve all these problems.
And yes I remeber a couple of incedents where format C: was used with not so happy results. Once I was able to fix it. but in the pre Dos, MPM days I was not so lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
I broke in with an IBM 402 accounting machine. Do you have the wiring diagram for Sleepyhead for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me dig through my boxes. I think I can find it.
I don't rember the Number ID, but you are talking about the one with a switchboard panel where you plug in the wires to program what you want it to do. Then I went 80 character key bunch cards, then the 3.2" 96 character keypunch cards.
Next thing you know there was a 9 MB 14" hard disk pack.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first computer was an abacus ... It was in the last millenium Cool

Rat
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Waking up/removing mask often - triggers in the data? Amherrypt 1 906 04-07-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Removing the balloon on motor expire VandeJ63 9 1,115 11-18-2022, 11:53 PM
Last Post: vk3hjq
  Fisher Paykel HC221LE [Advice on removing foam] S.Thompson 6 1,403 08-23-2022, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Nailer
  weird smell after removing mask? upat3am 18 12,227 04-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Morhaugn
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.