Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery
Money 
Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery
So power went out middle of the night, grabbed the travel Z1 and it gave me an error code Fault 33

Discover this morning that they want $250 to replace an internal battery on a device that is about 6 years old. So I started looking and discovered for $339 I can purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery that would run my old resmed 10 with out heated tube or humidifier, if I wanted it to run the resmed 11 additional $25 for the correct cabling. 

So my question is this pay to fix the Z1 travel Cpap or purchase a battery for my regular cpap?

Any opinions thoughts pros cons would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery
Hi CJH1968! - Welcome

Since your Z1 is a paperweight without the battery, I'd open that little puppy up and see what type of battery they are using. Since they don't sell millions of these devices, I'm willing to bet they are using an industry standard battery.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I have a soldering iron somewhere and as you say it is a paperweight
Post Reply Post Reply
CJH1968;
I would set the AS11 up for use as a travel machine ..
Then like Crimson Nape said take the Z1 apart to 
find out which battery is in it ..  Replace if possible ..
Good luck !!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 260 04-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 12 5,603 04-24-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] BEFORE YOU BUY A MEDISTROM BATTERY srlevine1 0 182 04-24-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 179 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 348 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,866 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 130 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.