Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Reports Poor Seal Contrary to what I think
CPAP Reports Poor Seal Contrary to what I think
I have been on my AirSense 10 Auto for four nights. Night 3 reported a good air seal. The other three nights indicated problems with the air seal. Strangely night four is the one night that I never lost the nasal pillow rig and never felt any air escape. I roused a few times during the night to a perfect seal.

Could breathing through my mouth when I am asleep or simply opening my mouth cause the AirSense 10 Auto to report that as a bad air seal?

Also, I feel the AirFit 10 nasal pillows have a pretty inadequate strap rigging. I think some strap adjustment or an additional strap would make all the difference. All heads are not the same size. How can they think one strap rig could function optimally for a 8" hat size and for a 6 3/4 hat size?

I bought a white satin pillow case to reduce drag on the straps when I move my head. It seems to help considerably.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Reports Poor Seal Contrary to what I think
Hi, Tiercel. If you check your daily data in SleepyHead, there will be a leaks graph as well as an event "tick" for "Large Leak" in the Events table. That will give you an idea of what time the leaks happened.

I just switched to the P10s about a month ago. I read a lot of reviews of them and people seem to either think that the headgear is wonderful or what you said, that it's flimsy and they don't see how one size is supposed to fit everyone.

The P10s do come in a "For Her" model. I have read that the headgear for that one is 1" shorter than the regular model.

Some people wash the headgear in hot water if it stretches or take it up if it's too large to start with.

I think the fact that the part of the headgear that goes over the cheekbones is just stretchy and doesn't have any breaks in it helps to keep even tension on each side of the nasal pillows.

The pillowcase does cause drag when switching from back to side-sleeping. A satin pillowcase sounds like a great idea. Smile

(06-21-2016, 09:54 PM)Tiercel Wrote: I have been on my AirSense 10 Auto for four nights. Night 3 reported a good air seal. The other three nights indicated problems with the air seal. Strangely night four is the one night that I never lost the nasal pillow rig and never felt any air escape. I roused a few times during the night to a perfect seal.

Could breathing through my mouth when I am asleep or simply opening my mouth cause the AirSense 10 Auto to report that as a bad air seal?

Also, I feel the AirFit 10 nasal pillows have a pretty inadequate strap rigging. I think some strap adjustment or an additional strap would make all the difference. All heads are not the same size. How can they think one strap rig could function optimally for a 8" hat size and for a 6 3/4 hat size?

I bought a white satin pillow case to reduce drag on the straps when I move my head. It seems to help considerably.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 233 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 302 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 858 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,164 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 608 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 830 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep? invainn 5 529 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.