Tiercel Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit 10 nasal pillows
Humidifier: Integrated w/ ClimateLine hose
CPAP Pressure: 6 -12 auto
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Setup w/ CPAP 17 June 2016 - w/ 40 events per hour on home sleep study

Sex: Male

CPAP Reports Poor Seal Contrary to what I think
I have been on my AirSense 10 Auto for four nights. Night 3 reported a good air seal. The other three nights indicated problems with the air seal. Strangely night four is the one night that I never lost the nasal pillow rig and never felt any air escape. I roused a few times during the night to a perfect seal.

Could breathing through my mouth when I am asleep or simply opening my mouth cause the AirSense 10 Auto to report that as a bad air seal?

Also, I feel the AirFit 10 nasal pillows have a pretty inadequate strap rigging. I think some strap adjustment or an additional strap would make all the difference. All heads are not the same size. How can they think one strap rig could function optimally for a 8" hat size and for a 6 3/4 hat size?

I bought a white satin pillow case to reduce drag on the straps when I move my head. It seems to help considerably.
06-21-2016 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
green wings Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics System One RemStar Pro (460)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: integrated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 13.0 cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: using CPAP since Jan. 2016

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: CPAP Reports Poor Seal Contrary to what I think
Hi, Tiercel. If you check your daily data in SleepyHead, there will be a leaks graph as well as an event "tick" for "Large Leak" in the Events table. That will give you an idea of what time the leaks happened.

I just switched to the P10s about a month ago. I read a lot of reviews of them and people seem to either think that the headgear is wonderful or what you said, that it's flimsy and they don't see how one size is supposed to fit everyone.

The P10s do come in a "For Her" model. I have read that the headgear for that one is 1" shorter than the regular model.

Some people wash the headgear in hot water if it stretches or take it up if it's too large to start with.

I think the fact that the part of the headgear that goes over the cheekbones is just stretchy and doesn't have any breaks in it helps to keep even tension on each side of the nasal pillows.

The pillowcase does cause drag when switching from back to side-sleeping. A satin pillowcase sounds like a great idea. Smile

(06-21-2016 09:54 PM)Tiercel Wrote:  I have been on my AirSense 10 Auto for four nights. Night 3 reported a good air seal. The other three nights indicated problems with the air seal. Strangely night four is the one night that I never lost the nasal pillow rig and never felt any air escape. I roused a few times during the night to a perfect seal.

Could breathing through my mouth when I am asleep or simply opening my mouth cause the AirSense 10 Auto to report that as a bad air seal?

Also, I feel the AirFit 10 nasal pillows have a pretty inadequate strap rigging. I think some strap adjustment or an additional strap would make all the difference. All heads are not the same size. How can they think one strap rig could function optimally for a 8" hat size and for a 6 3/4 hat size?

I bought a white satin pillow case to reduce drag on the straps when I move my head. It seems to help considerably.
06-22-2016 07:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mask Seal and L/Min chuck6161 7 396 10-09-2016 06:56 PM
Last Post: chuck6161
  Flashair SD poor connection to router after power failure Roy289 5 268 08-06-2016 12:54 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan Reports for AHI Differs From Machine AHI nadprok 2 284 08-02-2016 11:54 AM
Last Post: nadprok
  Resmed S10 mask seal issues gothicsam 2 488 06-22-2016 09:05 PM
Last Post: gothicsam
  Timeline on Sleepyhead & Rescan Reports rozenbob 2 350 04-30-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  My poor nose Sydney6060 5 956 03-24-2016 11:36 PM
Last Post: Napmeister
  Titration Study - Poor Results? MeDee 29 2,207 03-09-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred