Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
RE: Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
Something to keep an eye on is the supposed increased Clear Airway, which indicates Central Apnea. I'm using the word supposed because of the increase in leaks. Larger leak rates can affect the reporting accuracy.

Did you feel drastically worse? If these CA events were actual in any flavor, EPR would need reduced or turned off and/or the Max of 12 may need reduced, but I'd not do both at once or it's hard to track the edit results. The reason for these possible edits is when combatting CA, we need to reduce pressure swings. Of the 2, I'd focus on considering reduction on EPR, but let's see if others chime in on better-than-my-observation comments.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Omariumprime

The leaks being experienced was not sufficient to affect the event detection on your machine. with that level of CA's I would suggest reducing the EPR to 1 to see if it helps. CA's are consistently inconsistent and can very from night to night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 10:18 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Something to keep an eye on is the supposed increased Clear Airway, which indicates Central Apnea. I'm using the word supposed because of the increase in leaks. Larger leak rates can affect the reporting accuracy.

Did you feel drastically worse? If these CA events were actual in any flavor, EPR would need reduced or turned off and/or the Max of 12 may need reduced, but I'd not do both at once or it's hard to track the edit results. The reason for these possible edits is when combatting CA, we need to reduce pressure swings. Of the 2, I'd focus on considering reduction on EPR, but let's see if others chime in on better-than-my-observation comments.

Can definitely confirm I woke up feeling drastically worse (increased nausea/anxiety and bad headache). I’ll stick to editing only one thing at a time and focus on reducing the EPR only tonight. Thanks!

(04-10-2020, 10:26 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Omariumprime

The leaks being experienced was not sufficient to affect the event detection on your machine. with that level of CA's I would suggest reducing the EPR to 1  to see if it helps. CA's are consistently inconsistent and can very from night to night.

Duly noted I’ll definitely try that tonight thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, EPR=1 tonight, you need to hit a balance between OSA and CSA so we sacrifice obstructive events to to improve central events. If high CA remains an ASV may be in your future but wait and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 11:25 AM)bonjour Wrote: Yes, EPR=1 tonight, you need to hit a balance between OSA and CSA so we sacrifice obstructive events to to improve central events.  If high CA remains an ASV may be in your future but wait and see.

Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely go back to 1 EPR tonight and stick to the same pressure settings and see what happens. ??
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Was just being cautious. Cut the EPR to 1 as advised. Note feelings and post it with an OSCAR after a nights use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 04:49 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I agree. Was just being cautious. Cut the EPR to 1 as advised. Note feelings and post it with an OSCAR after a nights use.

Will do thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR results from last night attached. One new interesting thing I did differently was I strapped a loose light long-sleeve shirt as a make-due chin strap which from the results confirm that I felt like I was knocked out for a few hours till around 0130am which is when I woke up and had a hard time going back down and it was mainly because the strap was too tight. Even after I took off the strap (shirt) I still was in and out and very likely because of mouth leaks since no strap. Hopefully this is good news at least in terms of knowing that keeping my mouth shut could resolve the issue. Speaking of, I'm still waiting on my FFM and I also purchased this on Amazon which is supposed to keep your lips sealed [Link removed. Search for Somnifix Sleep Strips on Amazon].

Last night's settings: ERP 1, min pressure 6, max pressure 12. Any new input would be greatly appreciated thanks ladies and gents!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's very encouraging that the shirt trick helped. With your beard, you'll just have to see whether Somnifix is workable. Your efforts with the tongue trick may also pay off. Although it seems like a lot of gear to wear to bed, the collar option is always there too.

How did the EPR of 1 feel? Were you comfortable exhaling? The flurry of CAs at the end may not be very significant; do you think you might have been partly awake? If so, the CAs may just reflect an awake pattern of breathing.

Because CAs bounce around a lot from one night to the next, it's probably worth sticking with these settings for a little while, provided your are comfortable enough exhaling. But as always I defer to the experts!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2020, 10:55 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Yes, it's very encouraging that the shirt trick helped.  With your beard, you'll just have to see whether Somnifix is workable.  Your efforts with the tongue trick may also pay off.  Although it seems like a lot of gear to wear to bed, the collar option is always there too.

How did the EPR of 1 feel?  Were you comfortable exhaling?  The flurry of CAs at the end may not be very significant; do you think you might have been partly awake?  If so, the CAs may just reflect an awake pattern of breathing.

Because CAs bounce around a lot from one night to the next, it's probably worth sticking with these settings for a little while, provided your are comfortable enough exhaling.  But as always I defer to the experts!

The 1 EPR felt really good actually, the usual initial discomfort but once I slowly got into my zone and especially whenever I kept waking up after 0130-ish I didn’t feel sit was difficult at all. The thick beard is definitely making the strapping option quite difficult as I have to increase the tightness which tends to wake me up so it’s a bit of a circle of doom cycle with that option. I’ve also been consciously training the tongue trick all day + throughout my sleep whenever I wake.

As for the CAs I would agree that likely it’s due to the wakeful breathing as I did feel mostly awake after 0130 and hardly asleep, maybe in and out but for the most part felt like I was conscious but fighting to go back down. I’ll likely stick with these settings for a bit unless others have another idea, thanks again for the input!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,434 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 148 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 379 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 875 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 257 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.