Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
RE: Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
I agree on the going a few days to see what trend you can build. Congrats on current success and hope it continues.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem with posting daily if you wish.  We are here for whatever support you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just looked at your journey and from a numbers perspective, you are doing great.

How are you feeling?

Regards,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2020, 02:25 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I agree on the going a few days to see what trend you can build. Congrats on current success and hope it continues.

Duly noted thank you!

(04-13-2020, 02:41 PM)bonjour Wrote: No problem with posting daily if you wish.  We are here for whatever support you need.

Awesome thank you!

(04-13-2020, 06:10 PM)Damiansd Wrote: I've just looked at your journey and from a numbers perspective, you are doing great.

How are you feeling?

Regards,
Damian.

Thanks for your input! Could be doing worse so trying to focus on the good vs the bad, some days I woke up feeling brutally exhausted and sleep-deprived, others at least in comparison much better. Overall still not the magical night-and-day some testimonials claimed but doing my best to approach this as “scientifically” as possible. This forum and the great users combined with my adamance to prevail will hopefully at least help me get wiser with whatever is going on in my body/brain in due time!
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent! Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys! Nothing "bad" per se but the data from OSCAR is a bit odd, it seems amazing, in fact the best night I've had data-wise since I started. This is my 13th night into therapy. The reason it's odd is because even though I woke with the usual level of exhaustion, nothing great but also nothing painful, I do recall having at least 2 times when I was woken up because of air blowing out of my mouth. The SomniFix tape is doing a good job but I think I applied too much lip balm (my lips crack easily) in comparison to the night prior when I applied only a little, so maybe last night the tape had a few spots where my mouth could more easily open. Nothing wide but it was subtle and I immediately sealed my lips and pressed against the tape and tried to go back under. I also recall waking up a few times, again not sure if it was the dreams (had a few vivid ones) or if it's something else the machine is not picking up.

I know overall the machine and OSCAR can really only work with the "physical" stuff, so if something else is going on neurologically that's triggering an awakening then I'm assuming that'll require waiting out with treatment for a while then escalating from there? I also read from many users/sleep technicians that the whole concept of "sleep debt" means that it will take a while before the data correlates with what I'm feeling, especially if the former is doing great but the latter is still catching up.

Very glad the data is good, just skeptical considering the above experiences throughout the night. Thanks as always for the input and advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you have the right picture: improvement in your feeling of being rested may lag behind improvement in your data. Partly sleep debt, quite possibly; partly the novel nighttime experience keeping you slightly on the alert during the night, so not sleeping as deeply as you will later on. Vivid dreaming is good -- means you probably got some good REM in.

In theory if there's no air passing over your lips, they shouldn't get chapped in the night, so you probably shouldn't worry about skipping the evening chapstick application. I wipe my lips with a tissue and then my fingers right before I put the strip on. I also purse my lips before the tape goes on, though I'm not sure how much of that you can do with a beard.

For what it's worth, most of the leaking on the chart looks like low-level mask leaking. That's familiar to me from my P10 days. If it doesn't bother you, don't worry about it.

Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2020, 09:53 AM)Dormeo Wrote: I think you have the right picture: improvement in your feeling of being rested may lag behind improvement in your data.  Partly sleep debt, quite possibly; partly the novel nighttime experience keeping you slightly on the alert during the night, so not sleeping as deeply as you will later on.  Vivid dreaming is good -- means you probably got some good REM in.

In theory if there's no air passing over your lips, they shouldn't get chapped in the night, so you probably shouldn't worry about skipping the evening chapstick application.  I wipe my lips with a tissue and then my fingers right before I put the strip on.  I also purse my lips before the tape goes on, though I'm not sure how much of that you can do with a beard.

For what it's worth, most of the leaking on the chart looks like low-level mask leaking.  That's familiar to me from my P10 days.  If it doesn't bother you, don't worry about it.

Keep us posted, would you?

Thank you very much for the input!

Last night's results attached below, haven't changed anything since my last post (other than skipping the chapstick altogether). Again the data looks okay but felt worse today than most other days, woke up with a headache, was conscious quite a bit later in the night and couldn't go back to sleep, but the mask fit/leakage felt fine. Like you said, it's (best case) the anxiety of everything I have on and the hose-management (which I'm picking up a hose hanger today so hopefully that helps), or (worst case) it might be more of a central as opposed to obstructive apnea going on.

Post Reply Post Reply
Omarium, your chart yesterday had the right information, today not so much. Please review how to Organize your OSCAR chart.

You reduced EPR from 1 to zero base on some CA events. That strategy is working, but you will need to subjectively judge whether you sleep better with EPR and some CA events, or with the current situation. How you feel counts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You shouldn't worry at all about seeing those centrals. Truly. By the numbers you are doing very well. I'll be curious whether the hose hanger helps you. But your best friend in all of this may be time, as you grow more accustomed to the night-time sensations of treatment. You'll then have fewer and fewer of these worse nights and more and more that leave you feeling rested.

One reminder: when you post your next chart, be sure to format it the way you did with the chart for 4/13.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,434 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 148 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 376 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 873 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 257 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.