[CPAP] Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
I was wondering if there wasn't a battery in there somewhere, that's good to know.

trish6hundred
03-09-2013 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
(03-09-2013 10:23 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:  I was wondering if there wasn't a battery in there somewhere, that's good to know.

As with most modern computers, there is a battery in there somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't keep accurate time between when you get it from the store/hospital/clinic and bring it home. Whether the other settings are retained by a battery or if they're (E)EPROMed in, I don't have that information.
03-10-2013 07:14 PM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad. Quatro FX or F10 w/ Liner
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 4-10, Max IPAP 25
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(03-07-2013 09:54 PM)zonk Wrote:  I recall someone posted about this problem in the old forum and also someone else here too
It seem the unit need to be returned to ResMed via supplier, for this problem to be rectified

Hi dexter, welcome to the forum!

If you are still having problems, you can call the ResMed Customer Service line and give them your machine's serial number and they will let you know if it is still under warranty and eligible for free repair or replacement. The warrantee period is 2 years plus 3 months from date of manufacture if you don't have the original purchase receipt. (Or if you have the receipt, I suppose it would be 2 yrs from that date.)

From the ResMed web site:
"To speak with a ResMed Representative call 800.424.0737 (Monday – Friday, 5:30am – 5:00pm PST)" ResMed is in San Diego California, which today changed to daylight savings time.

ResMed does not accept returns directly from end users. You would need to return it to any DME provider who is willing to call ResMed to ask for an RMA (Return Material Authorization) from ResMed.

ResMed does not care which DME obtains the RMA and sends the unit to them for repair; it doesn't need to be the DME you bought it from. I guess ResMed just wants an independent professional (not the patient) to look at the machine for them and verify it is not working correctly and should be sent in for warrantee repair or replacement.

I would think any DME would be happy to do this for you to gain your future business for masks and supplies (which are very profitable for DMEs), but if you are unable to find a brick & mortor DME to send it in for you, I think suppliers 27 and 28 on the Suppliers List (the Suppliers List is at the top of just about all our forum pages) may be able to help. (I haven't personally used suppliers 27 and/or 28, though, so I can't offer a recommendation.)

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 09:58 PM by vsheline.)
03-10-2013 09:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Min/Max PS Settings - Help please! petemsw 5 88 Today 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] system error tfitzge1 3 106 08-17-2014 04:29 PM
Last Post: zonk
Question Airfit P10 Pressure settings Mrsnorer 7 224 08-15-2014 09:19 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New User (finding proper settings) nightflight 18 835 08-14-2014 12:01 PM
Last Post: nightflight
  Cpap vs Vpap settings GMark 3 177 08-12-2014 10:17 AM
Last Post: robysue
  How do I Contact the SleepyHead Creators to Ask Them to Add My Machine AVAPS 1160P? jjgereg 5 349 08-11-2014 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ron N Berkeley
  CPAP modems and remote changes to your settings without your knowledge robysue 29 995 08-11-2014 06:19 AM
Last Post: robysue