Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
I was wondering if there wasn't a battery in there somewhere, that's good to know.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
(03-09-2013, 11:23 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: I was wondering if there wasn't a battery in there somewhere, that's good to know.

As with most modern computers, there is a battery in there somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't keep accurate time between when you get it from the store/hospital/clinic and bring it home. Whether the other settings are retained by a battery or if they're (E)EPROMed in, I don't have that information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2013, 10:54 PM)zonk Wrote: I recall someone posted about this problem in the old forum and also someone else here too
It seem the unit need to be returned to ResMed via supplier, for this problem to be rectified

Hi dexter, welcome to the forum!

If you are still having problems, you can call the ResMed Customer Service line and give them your machine's serial number and they will let you know if it is still under warranty and eligible for free repair or replacement. The warrantee period is 2 years plus 3 months from date of manufacture if you don't have the original purchase receipt. (Or if you have the receipt, I suppose it would be 2 yrs from that date.)

From the ResMed web site:
"To speak with a ResMed Representative call 800.424.0737 (Monday – Friday, 5:30am – 5:00pm PST)" ResMed is in San Diego California, which today changed to daylight savings time.

ResMed does not accept returns directly from end users. You would need to return it to any DME provider who is willing to call ResMed to ask for an RMA (Return Material Authorization) from ResMed.

ResMed does not care which DME obtains the RMA and sends the unit to them for repair; it doesn't need to be the DME you bought it from. I guess ResMed just wants an independent professional (not the patient) to look at the machine for them and verify it is not working correctly and should be sent in for warrantee repair or replacement.

I would think any DME would be happy to do this for you to gain your future business for masks and supplies (which are very profitable for DMEs), but if you are unable to find a brick & mortor DME to send it in for you, I think suppliers 27 and 28 on the Suppliers List (the Suppliers List is at the top of just about all our forum pages) may be able to help. (I haven't personally used suppliers 27 and/or 28, though, so I can't offer a recommendation.)

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed S9 hits exactly the same error - "Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service provider". Holding the two button won't turn it to setting mode. Has anyone found out how to fix this error? Thank you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 12:14 AM)Pochenbin168 Wrote: My ResMed S9 hits exactly the same error - "Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service provider". Holding the two button won't turn it to setting mode. Has anyone found out how to fix this error? Thank you!!!

Hi Pochenbin168

1. Take out the water tub.
2. Unplug the power cord from wall socket.
3. Disconnect the humidifier by pressing the large rectangular release panel on back of the machine.
4. While wall power is still disconnected, unplug and plug in again the power cord at the blower unit. (Make sure power cord is carefully aligned and then plugged into the S9 blower unit fully.)
5. With humidifier still unplugged, plug in the power cord at the wall.
6. See if, without the humidifier, the machine can boot up and work. 
7. If it does, snap the humidifier (without its water tub) back onto the blower unit. 
8. See if machine works normally.

Good luck.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
none of these replys worked
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2017, 11:50 AM)Donald Kline Wrote: none of these replys worked

This doesn't solve the issue with your S9 machine, but I thought I'd post it just for the info...

The ResMed S9 machines came out about 7 years ago (around 2010, if my memory is correct).  The average useful life of a CPAP machine is right around 5 years, and if you get more use than that, consider yourself lucky.  I'm not sure how old your specific S9 machine is, but for those machines older than 5 years, they are quite likely going to malfunction at some point.

If you can't get the issue solved, you might be best served by getting a newer machine.  The newest models of ResMed machines are called "AirCurve 10" machines, and the newer Respironics machines are called "DreamStation machines", although sometimes you can get a new previous series 60 Philips-Respironics System One REMstar Pro or REMstar Auto that will work for you at a lower cost.  They key in taking control of your own therapy is making sure any machine you get is fully data-capable.

Here's an article on which machines to avoid, and which ones are good:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

If you have some type of insurance, many times the insurance company will pay for a new CPAP every 5 years, so if that's the case, you may wish to talk to them, if you still have coverage,.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 01:22 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 12:14 AM)Pochenbin168 Wrote: My ResMed S9 hits exactly the same error - "Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service provider". Holding the two button won't turn it to setting mode. Has anyone found out how to fix this error? Thank you!!!

Hi Pochenbin168

1. Take out the water tub.
2. Unplug the power cord from wall socket.
3. Disconnect the humidifier by pressing the large rectangular release panel on back of the machine.
4. While wall power is still disconnected, unplug and plug in again the power cord at the blower unit. (Make sure power cord is carefully aligned and then plugged into the S9 blower unit fully.)
5. With humidifier still unplugged, plug in the power cord at the wall.
6. See if, without the humidifier, the machine can boot up and work. 
7. If it does, snap the humidifier (without its water tub) back onto the blower unit. 
8. See if machine works normally.

Good luck.

I have this exact same problem.  Even with the humidifier disconnected, the error message still appears.

Anyone else who has suggestions on what else can be done?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess it's a fault when the machine self checks. The machine cycles to default setting. The only thing I can suggest is a new SD card, or start up the machine with the SD card removed. You will need to ok this, as the display will ask for sd card. I don't know if it has been previously suggested.
That and unplugging the machine power for an hour is all I can add to this.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is how I fixed mine.

Based on someone's suggestion about a CR2032 battery on the motherboard...

1. Remove the single bottom screw.  I used a torx bit that fig snug.  An allen wrench will probably work too.
2. Remove the bottom casing by using a flat head screw driver along the back edge to pry it open.
3. Remove the rotator button on top using a flat head screw driver.
4. Remove the top casing by using a flat head screw driver along the back edge to pry it open.
5. Remove the two screws on the motherboard using the same torx bit.
6. Unplug the 4 connector power cable on the front.  There is a clasp to push on the bottom of the connector.
7. Lift up the front corner of the motherboard opposite the 4 connector.  I only had to lift it up 2cm.
8. On the underside of the motherboard on the front corner, you will see the CR2032.  Pop it out.
9. Replace with new CR2032.  The flat side with the markings goes away from the motherboard.  (rounded side goes in first)
10. Now for the weird/lucky part.
11. Affix the motherboard back in place.  Replace the two motherboard screws.
12. Plug in the power.
13. On the motherboard, in the back corner by the SD card slot, there is an interface port of 14 pins (2 rows of 7)
14. I shorted the top and bottom pins, second from the back of the machine.
15. That reboots the machine.  I did it three times, 5 seconds apart.
16. My machine doesn't have an SD card.  Instead of the error message, it finally showed the SD card error.
17. Then I went in and confirmed the settings.
18. The really odd thing is that the settings were what I last set them to.
**Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 142 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 336 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 186 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 327 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,190 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 815 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.