Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
Sad 
Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
So I was in denial for a while that I had sleep apneia. Now I am comming to the realzation that I do have it. I have a res med S9 that I pulled from the closet last night. When I went to start her up I get this error.
Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service provider".

I do not like the place I went to and I would like to just find out how to reset it my self any suggestions? Thanks all for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 help!!! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
Hi Dexter!
Welcome to the forum.
I think one of the veteran users here will be able to answer your question soon!

Hang in there!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 help!!! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
Hi Dexter, I'm not sure if this is a machine "error message" that means that something went wrong physically with your machine hardware, or it's just that the software settings need to be reset.

If it's simply that the pressures and other settings need to be reset, you can follow the directions on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Also, you can go HERE (Section Three) to request the Clinician Setup Manual for your machine, which may help as well with how to set the various settings.

But if it's a physical (hardware malfunction) issue (and not simply some software settings), hopefully others can help out with that. But resetting the software would be the first thing I'd try using the directions on that link.

Welcome

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
When I plug it in it says Error settings reset to default values please contact service provider.

Thanks for the help the manual did not help. I tried everything
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr
I recall someone posted about this problem in the old forum and also someone else here too
It seem the unit need to be returned to ResMed via supplier, for this problem to be rectified
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the SD card and power off and on with the card still removed from the machine. It probably won't help, but it's worth a try.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dexter020281,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you'll be able to get your machine up and running again.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. I am going to try Archangle's Idea when I get home Fingers crossed
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2013, 02:38 PM)dexter020281 Wrote: So I was in denial for a while that I had sleep apneia. Now I am comming to the realzation that I do have it. I have a res med S9 that I pulled from the closet last night. When I went to start her up I get this error.
Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service provider".

Okay. I would like to think it's an easy remedy but I don't know.
Let me check the clinical guide.

Nuts. No troubleshooting tips.

I will blindly suggest this. MAYBE it will help.
Based on the concept of settings being reset to default values suggests that it has somehow reverted to "like new" condition.

THEREFORE......

Ignore what you see on the screen for a moment. See if you can enter the setup menu, holding down the "push dial" and the "setup menu" button (the lower button with the two check marks).

IF YOU DO get to the setup menu, then try to enter the settings you wish/desire/need/are prescribed/told to use, etc. Then exit the setup screen.

See if that has helped any.

IF, on the other hand, it does not work.... (remember, this is a theory of mine I just made up, untried untested) then you will have to reach out further. Best wishes.
Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. I wonder if it was in storage long enough for the little battery to go dead?
According to the "Inside view of S9" there is a CR 2032 button cell battery in a snap mount on the mother board.
Could it have gone dead and allowed the machine to go bonkers?

Just a thought. Probably not worth voiding any warrenties to check on.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 137 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 193 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 324 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,137 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 802 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.