Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank
RE: ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank
I'm using the same machine, GuitarRebel, and haven't noticed anything like flakes.  About the flakes- do they look like metal, plastic or anything else? I'd switch to a new tub and see what happens.  I clean everything with Dawn dish detergent, and scrub the tub interior. with a used filter screen because it's small and slightly abrasive. I've noticed a slight film appears on the tub interior.

One thing to be aware of is that distilled water is corrosive.  A quick Google search returned this:

Despite its benefits, distilled water is particularly corrosive. With no minerals to give the water pH balance, distilled water acts like a magnet, absorbing chemicals (phthalates and bisphenols) from plastics, nickel from stainless steel, aluminum from aluminum containers, and carbon dioxide from the air.   

So the flakes could be coming from many places, local air, cleaning sprays, dust. 

Try using tap water once or twice. 

Hal, another guitarist (of sorts)
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank
This is why im not sure if I should use a CPAP or just get jaw surgery. Almost seems easier to go through the recovery of bimax than maintaining a CPAP with an humidifier free of any nasty particles.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pink residue in humidifier tank hegel 11 7,443 Yesterday, 09:02 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  More water used for a nasal mask? theredheadsaid 3 83 08-07-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  AirSense 10 Autoset Humidifier Kaput PWKopy 1 397 08-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Hoagie73
  Humidifier / temp setting - basic understanding questions arunjb 4 194 07-29-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Water in cpap tube wakes me up silverdr 10 337 07-21-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Battery Backup Humidifier use Dream Station 2 cpap advanced Meangreen13 4 238 07-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Water and the different type of water Twoeagle 45 8,369 07-01-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: CarolinaJay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.