Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] New Boy.. What do I need to Know ?
RE: New Boy.. What do I need to Know ?
(10-16-2015, 01:08 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to the forum Warren Barrett! Good job on finding this forum, it's a wealth of information!! One thing to keep in mind if you're thinking of buying in the US or elsewhere is how it may affect the warranty, but I'm sure zonk being an Aussie will be able to chime in on that.
Plenty of Aussies hang around here, probably comes 3rd in numbers after US and Canadians members

You're right about the warranty, machines have to be sent back to the place of purchase for any warranty issues
Machines are well built and breakdown is rare and if they do, more likely outside the warranty period

e.g. from Supplier #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Gently Used ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories $479 (approx AU $760 include shipping)
New, Zero Hour (Open Box) ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories $699 (approx AU $1060 include shipping)
S9 AutoSet is one the most popular APAP, Airsense 10 is the new kid on the block but time will tell if going be as popular as the S9

Warren might need different machine altogether, wait and see what the doctor recommend, they shut at the week-end
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Boy.. What do I need to Know ?
(10-16-2015, 12:53 PM)zonk Wrote: $160 for 6 weeks trail sound reasonable (machine is on the high side) you'll have the chance to trial different masks which is important, normally $160 comes off the price, if you decide to buy the machine from them, but we cross that bridge when we get there

Beside gases, BOC in Australia provide sleep studies and CPAP services

When I did it (rental) through ResSleep it was $300 for 4sh weeks with an Autoset A10 that could be put against the cost of the Autoset 10, which was around $2600. So the numbers sound reasonable in the bubble of crazy Australian prices.

Unfortunately my opinion is that for your primary machine its hard not to "pay the piper" in Oz so you can get some speedy service should an equipment problem occur. If you have a backup machine then I would look elsewhere.

BTW I have not heard/seen of desats at the low level mentioned. Was 50% the nadir?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.