Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 – therapy partial data, cellular transmission
ResMed AirSense 10 – therapy partial data, cellular transmission
Hello all
I am a newbie.  I have already read very much of this forum and learned a lot! It is very good, very usefull. My gratitude goes to all that are responsible for Apnea Board and also for the others who help on this heavy job, making this a great resource.

I have a few questions. For sure, I will do my best not to post already-answered questions. Please excuse me if I ever make it (and for any errors in my poor English, of course).

1 - Only 5 days using the ResMed AirSense 10. Sometimes, when I get up, the display indicates that the therapy has lasted only 6 or 9 minutes! But, in fact, I used it the entire night, more than 7 hours! When I access the WEB site MyAir, the total points are very low.
If I access it some hours later, I see that the points go higher. It seems that there is kind of a “second” transmission via the cellular network, complementing the total data of the night. How does this work?

2 - I’ve accessed the Clinician Menu and I've read the info about the modem. The first time I saw it, it was showing one of our local cellular mobile service providers (VIVO). Signal stenght was 4 bars. The next day, strangely, it showed another company: CLARO, which is another one of our four local competing mobile phone service providers. Signal strenght was only 1 !  Next day it returned to VIVO. Why is this happening? How does this work?

3 - What are the moments that the machine transmits data to the cloud? Is there a schedulle?

4 - What happens if one starts a session, sleeps with the mask, etc, until, say, 03:00 AM, gets up, goes somewhere, returns some time later, puts the mask on and sleeps again? Will the machine “understand” what happened and "connect" the data in a single “night”?

Your help will be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 – therapy partial data, cellular transmission
I think the days run from 12PM to 12PM. Make sure your time on the machine is set right. As far as the update on My Air I'm pretty sure it takes an hour before it up loads. The cell companies are probably sharing a common cell tower and have signed an agreement to share air time with outside companies. How they determine who offers the service I have no idea. I'd guess it would be based on who had more room at any given time.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roger.
Welcome to the forum. Your English is very good and you are easy to understand.

I have to confess, I haven't used the machine's software. Most of us use SleepyHead. It is a free software written by a fellow C'pap'er.

Do you have access to a computer? If so, try downloading the SleepyHead software. There are instructions on the forum.

After you download SleepyHead , take the SD card from your machine to your computer and using Sleepyhead software, import your data into SleepyHead.

You will be amazed! You will be able to see every breath you took .

Then if you still have questions, you can take a screen shot of the days graph, post it on Imgur and add the link into your post and ask your question. Then the members of this forum will be able to see exactly what you see and they can answer your questions more easily.

There are some amazing people here to help you. There are lots of instructions to SleepyHead at the top part of the board.

I hope this helps.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2017, 04:08 PM)Roger Oscar Lima Wrote: Hello all
I am a newbie.  I have already read very much of this forum and learned a lot! It is very good, very usefull. My gratitude goes to all that are responsible for Apnea Board and also for the others who help on this heavy job, making this a great resource.

I have a few questions. For sure, I will do my best not to post already-answered questions. Please excuse me if I ever make it (and for any errors in my poor English, of course).

1 - Only 5 days using the ResMed AirSense 10. Sometimes, when I get up, the display indicates that the therapy has lasted only 6 or 9 minutes! But, in fact, I used it the entire night, more than 7 hours! When I access the WEB site MyAir, the total points are very low.
If I access it some hours later, I see that the points go higher. It seems that there is kind of a “second” transmission via the cellular network, complementing the total data of the night. How does this work?

2 - I’ve accessed the Clinician Menu and I've read the info about the modem. The first time I saw it, it was showing one of our local cellular mobile service providers (VIVO). Signal stenght was 4 bars. The next day, strangely, it showed another company: CLARO, which is another one of our four local competing mobile phone service providers. Signal strenght was only 1 !  Next day it returned to VIVO. Why is this happening? How does this work?

3 - What are the moments that the machine transmits data to the cloud? Is there a schedulle?

4 - What happens if one starts a session, sleeps with the mask, etc, until, say, 03:00 AM, gets up, goes somewhere, returns some time later, puts the mask on and sleeps again? Will the machine “understand” what happened and "connect" the data in a single “night”?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regarding #2, MyAir can take several hours to upload data from the machine. Say, you take a nap in the afternoon. Within a few hours, it'll upload that data. When you go to sleep for the night, it adds the night data to the nap data.

One day on myAir is 12 noon to 12 noon, same as for the APAP machine. Whatever you sleep in that time frame shows up in your data.

Much better though, put an SD card in your machine. Download SleepyHead onto your computer. Have SleepyHead import your sleep data via an SD card reader. The myAir data will become pretty much irrelevant to you.

With SleepyHead, anything that is recorded on your SD card can be read and charted. Same time frame, noon to noon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roger Oscar Lima,
WELCOME!to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for the replies, for taking your time to help me. I appreciate your effort.  like

Nevertheless, I still need clarification and/or further explanation on some points, as you can see by reading again my initial post. 

I will be waiting for a few more replies.
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roger,
1.) It is possible that you machine has some corrupt data. It isn't behaving like it should. Before I bought my machine I rented one for a month. It worked well for a week then the time being used got screwed up and started to display incorrect data, and send wrong data MyAir. When I got my new machine everything started to work again and I haven't had a problem since.
2.) I am in Canada. My machine only uses one carrier. Can't help with that question.
3.) Here, it takes about 1 or 2 hours before the data gets displayed on MyAir. If I have a nap in the evening (say 8PM), the data will be on MyAir before I go to bed at midnight.
4.) As someone else said, it cuts off the day at noon. Be sure the clock is correct for your time zone. If the clock is correct, it will group the times properly.
Sleeping past noon might be a problem.
5. I have heard that changing the time on your machine could screw it up if it is several hours. It didn't happen to me when I corrected it one hour.
Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's give this a try. Not everyone uses myAir. I have used myAir recently (the week before last). I now use SleepyHead.

#1. It can take many hours for the APAP to upload to myAir. I would go away for the day and then look at my data.

As a poster upthread suggested, check the time on your APAP. You may have set it for am instead of pm. This would mess up your data on myAir, so you could have a few minutes of data on one day (e.g. if you went to bed shortly before midnight.), with 6 hours the next day corresponding to the rest of your night.  Noon=12 pm=the middle of the day; Midnight-12am=the middle of the night. A "day" on the APAP goes from noon to noon.

#2 I have no idea why your cell service is switching between providers. That would have to do with local conditions.

#3 Where I live, there is no predictability about when your data will show up in myAir. It likely would depend on cell traffic in your area or on your cell network.

#4 Yes, myAir will collate all your data from one day/night (noon to noon) in one report. In my experience, you could see the whole day/night presented after 5 or 6 pm, but maybe not until later.

As before, I recommend that you use SleepyHead instead. After a few days, myAir will seem like not very robust information. It can't, for instance, distinguish between mouth leaks and mask leaks. This is important information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
After all the help you provided and after reading a lot here and elsewhere about the subject, I think that I am almost getting a solid understanding of how the ResMed AirSense 10 works and how it must be used.

I still have to learn how to interpret the information provided by SleepyHead. Will dedicate the necessary time to educate myself on it.

Thank you all for such nice help.
Post Reply Post Reply
This link to Beginners Guide to SleepyHead should help. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 82 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,088 7 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 231 9 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 382 10 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 89 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,366 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,469 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.