Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask On/Off Results Incorrect
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask On/Off Results Incorrect
A week ago, I replaced the tubing on my CPAP machine and since then, the Mask On/Off part of the MyAir app is saying 10. Prior to this change, it was typically one (I stopped waking up at night once I started therapy). I am not taking my mask on/off at night so am confused as to why this is happening. Any idea what would cause this and how I can fix it?

I checked the connection of the tubing and it is secure. I also tried turning the machine off and back on.

Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask On/Off Results Incorrect
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I don't use MyAir and not sure how they score something like that.

Why not download the free OSCAR software.  This will show if your mask was off or therapy was stopped for any reason.

Be sure there is a SD card in your machine.  Use the link in my signature line to guide you on Chart Organization and posting a chart here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do that, thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still have the old tubing, it would be a simple test to switch back to it.  If the Mask on/off goes back to your previous results, the new tube is defective.

The usual issue with tubing can be unexpected leaks.  The OSCAR software will tell you far more about what is going on with the leaks, and with many other items of data relevant to your therapy.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this is resolved (as of this morning!!!), I thought I'd share the solution in case anyone else has this same type of thing happen.

SOLUTION: Power source!!!

Story: I first tried changing tubes to see if that was the problem but it didn't change anything. After looking at the OSCAR data and seeing that there were several (over 10) iterations of data, I realized the machine was somehow having some type of surges. I put my mask on when I go to sleep and don't take it off until I wake up. There should be no 'pauses' where data would not be collected. My husband suggested looking at the power source. I had my CPAP plugged into a multi-port which was plugged into a power strip. I plugged my CPAP directly into the power strip and the problem was resolved.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 471 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 93 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.