Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset Auto Ramp and Tubing Blocked Problems
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset Auto Ramp and Tubing Blocked Problems
I have been using my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset for over 2 years and this week I started having two problems.  

1) Auto ramp stopping at 4 when pressure set to 12.  My Ramp Time option is set to "Auto" and even when being asleep for hours it ramps to a pressure of 4 and never changes.  When I set Ramp Time to 5 minutes it seems to work and correctly ramp up to 12.

2) When the CPAP is ramped up to 12 it randomly stops and reports Tubing blocked, check your tubing. I have checked there is no problem with the tubing (I do use ClimateLine heated tubing) and even changed to a brand new tube.

As these both started occurring this week I am guessing they are a related problem.

Thoughts?
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset Auto Ramp and Tubing Blocked Problems
Could you provide an OSCAR chart? A picture is worth a thousand word.

With two years of use, why are you still using ramp starting from 4-cm? Stop doing that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just downloaded OSCAR for the first time so not sure what graphs you are looking for so I attached these for 7/21 as it seems representative.  Last night I got so frustrated I didn't use CPAP for most of the night.

I am not a fan of immediate ramp to 12.  Is doing 5 min ramp reasonable option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to try EPR to get a little more comfortable therapy. I see no events as it shows 0 AHI. So there has to be things to try to add comfort and reduce frustration. I also think there's a mode to get a range of pressures instead of straight CPAP of 12 like it's on now. It should add comfort. You might want to look into the other settings for some adjustments besides holding onto Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about we change your+ settings to use the auto CPAP features. Go to clinical settings and use the following settings.

Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure: 8.0
Maximum pressure 12.0
EPR On, Full-time
EPR setting 2

The trick to using ramp is to select the maximum pressure you easily tolerate. If 6.0 is okay for you, it is much better than starting Ramp pressure at 4.0. Also, using the Auto feature allows ramp to detect sleep onset and increase pressure more comfortably.

Here is a quick instruction on changing settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One new piece of information which seems to indicate there may be a problem with the machine.  Last night I didn't use the Auto ramp setting and the CPAP was operating at 12 for many hours.  When I checked the stats on the machine this morning it only indicates 40 minutes of use.  

My guess is the control board etc. may not be operating correctly.  I will contact ResMed on Monday to see if they can identify the problem.
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think there's an issue with the machine, your DME supplier is who to contact. I'm not exactly sure, but if it's over 2 years old as indicated by saying you've used it that long, it is likely no longer be under warranty.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2020, 12:28 PM)cornishpd Wrote: One new piece of information which seems to indicate there may be a problem with the machine.  Last night I didn't use the Auto ramp setting and the CPAP was operating at 12 for many hours.  When I checked the stats on the machine this morning it only indicates 40 minutes of use.  

My guess is the control board etc. may not be operating correctly.  I will contact ResMed on Monday to see if they can identify the problem.

Once a certain time has passed, the timer resets itself, even if you're still in the middle of it. I think there's some type of function that resets it when certain criteria are met, like at some specific time of the day or a certain time after a therapy session ends, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the timer.

Blocked hose on the other hand might mean that there's an issue with the motor or there might be something actually blocking the motor outlet, you can take the machine apart yourself if you own it. Some people had mold growing inside, you never know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed to the recommended settings of:

Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure: 8.0
Maximum pressure 12.0
EPR On, Full-time
EPR setting 2

The usage time reported fine which has been a problem but I still got the Tubed Blocked message once but fortunately noticed after 10 minutes.  It did not re-occur.

My apnea doc wants my pressure to average at 12 and with above settings I averaged 9.22 so will increased max pressure to 16.

Thank you all for help and I love the OSCAR software and I didn't know about the AUTOSET function which I think will be a great help.

Peter
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
What was your AHI with the new settings? If it was low, there's no reason to change them. Aiming for a particular average over the night isn't a very sensible way to think about optimizing your treatment, in my opinion. Look at the results instead.

You should feel free to post more charts. When you do, could you fit the following into the screen shot:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

You can squeeze the graphs by grabbing the grey horizontal bar that separates them and moving it up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,870 1 hour ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 459 9 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,908 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,315 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.