Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset Auto Ramp and Tubing Blocked Problems
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset Auto Ramp and Tubing Blocked Problems
He’s definitely a गुरु
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope being गुरु is a good thing!

I am moving forward getting a new machine as problems continue.  I have attached last night's OSCAR charts.  I only got the tube error message once (at 11:43 pm) and then I restarted but you can see there were two very lengthy periods when the machine did not appear to be operating so only recorded about 4 1/2 hours of use.

Fortunately I have new insurance since I got this ResMed machine so majority of the cost should be covered.

When I get the new machine is there a way to retain data from old and new CPAPs on the same SD card?  The current SD card only has data from May 2019 and I am guessing that each SD card only stores data from one machine.  I have data going back to 2012 loaded in ResScan.  Can I get all that data over to OSCAR?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2020, 01:35 PM)cornishpd Wrote: I hope being गुरु is a good thing!

गुरु is a Guru
Post Reply Post Reply
After working through a lot of different settings suggested in this thread and talking to my DME provider I have come to the conclusion the CPAP has technical problems.  I ordered a new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP which I received Saturday.  I used the same Climateline tube and settings and have used it for the last two nights with no problems at all.

The other issue I now realize was a problem with the old CPAP was that when I stop it and it cools down it is extremely noisy (sounds like it is still on and blowing air).  This continues for at least 30 minutes.  With the new CPAP it is very quiet (even with water tank off) when it is cooling down.

I have heard these CPAPs are very reliable and I may have a good reason for the problems.  A bit of a catch 22 as when the CPAP helps me get into a good REM cycle I tend to have very vivid dreams and at times jump out of bed.  There have been a number of times when I jump out that the CPAP got pulled off the dresser and hit the floor.  These instances certainly could have damaged the CPAP.  I'm not sure how I can prevent this happening in the future.

I thank everyone for their help!
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
They make longer Cpap hoses, normal length is 6 - 7 ft. Amazon has some 10 ft.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for 10 ft tube recommendation.  That could certainly be a great option.
Peter  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine! If you can anchor your hose in some way, you can protect the machine. One possibility is a sturdy hose stand (aka hose lift). Not for that reason, but I use a Hose Buddy stand and like it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 467 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,874 3 hours ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,917 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,319 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 180 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.