Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP model
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP model
(03-29-2015, 11:28 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: Hi Alan. ... If you search Amazon for B009D79VH4 that will take you to the #1 best seller in that category. It's $6.
Wave Hi.

$6 is not a bad deal. I kind of fibbed. I actually do have an older card reader. One of those every-card-under-the-sun readers but it requires connecting it to SATA power and a SATA port and a USB connector on the motherboard and has a PCI card connected to it (why I don't remember) and it uses a 3.5" slot. I could ditch my old floppy (yeah my computer is that old) but I just don't care to open the case and hook up all the wires. A USB adapter sounds much easier to work with.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops. Read the title, not the post.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 01:16 PM)archangle Wrote:
(03-29-2015, 11:20 AM)AlanE Wrote: I was given the AirSense 10 autoset and like it so far. I've only had it for 4 nights. You can use the online "MyAir" to get basic data. That is to say maybe a couple more things than the sleep results screen on the machine. MyAir tells you usage hours, mask seal, events per hour and mask on/off times. The machine reports just usage hours, mask seal (green or red smile face) and humidifier status (again the green or red face). I do not have a card reader for my computer. Some day I'll buy one and see if I can get more details.

My understanding is that right now, SleepyHead doesn't handle the AirSense 10 CPAP model very well. It apparently only reports a limited subset of the data recorded.

Not sure what you are getting at here, Archangel. He says he has the autoset model and is not saying anything about the pure CPAP model. Did I miss something earlier in the thread?

If you are going to get a ResMed machine the AirSense 10 autoset is the least you should settle for, IMO. I gather the "for her" model is even better, but my DME supplier didn't mention that.

Too bad I joined the forum after I bought the machine...Still the autoset has excellent data reporting abilities and works very well with Sleepyhead.

I don't think one should settle for less in terms of data reporting, regardless of the machine brand.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I was reading the title and missed AutoSet in the text.

Yes, AirSense 10 AutoSet is good.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get more information from the AirSense 10 autoset, but you might not be told about it. You can use the "clinical mode" by pressing the home button and the large round mode dial at the same time for about 5 seconds, and the clinical menu will come up. It gives far more information that what you see on the screen otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 11:20 AM)AlanE Wrote: I was given the AirSense 10 autoset and like it so far. I've only had it for 4 nights. You can use the online "MyAir" to get basic data. That is to say maybe a couple more things than the sleep results screen on the machine. MyAir tells you usage hours, mask seal, events per hour and mask on/off times. The machine reports just usage hours, mask seal (green or red smile face) and humidifier status (again the green or red face). I do not have a card reader for my computer. Some day I'll buy one and see if I can get more details.

Alan,

If you go into the clinicians menu on your Airsense machine and go to the line called "Essentials" and change the default setting of "On" to "Plus" you will get a much more detaied sleep report on your machines screen including Ahi and a breakdown of the AHI in terms of obstructive, central, and Hypopneas. Setting essentials to plus will also give you a few more menu items in the regular patient menu. I guess they do this because some Doctors and or DMEs don't want the patient to have access to certain things, which is rediculous.

You can find information in the clinical manual available from this forum if you don't know how to access the clinical menu.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.