Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
(11-02-2016, 08:46 PM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 08:43 PM)cands Wrote: CONFIRMED NOISE FROM MOTOR ONLY DURING INHALATION.
DISASSEMBLED, INSPECTED INTERNALLY. RE-ASSEMBLED WITH NEW PNEUMATIC BLOCK.

PARTS: PNEUMATIC BLOCK - AIR 10, PART NUMBER 19696
Thank you very much. I'll do some research.

I noticed the repairer has an office in Perth (I am in Adelaide).
Maybe you could just go ahead and have it repaired (if it is not too expensive)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 08:58 PM)cands Wrote: I noticed the repairer has an office in Perth (I am in Adelaide).
Might be cheaper than posting back to the US.

I know Resmed won't repair imported units but presumably a service agent wouldn't care.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 09:00 PM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 08:58 PM)cands Wrote: I noticed the repairer has an office in Perth (I am in Adelaide).
Might be cheaper than posting back to the US.

I know Resmed won't repair imported units but presumably a service agent wouldn't care.

And a lot faster, too. BTW, the service report had 1 hour listed for labour, so I expect not a big job. It will also depend on how much the part is.
(oh and of course, assuming it is the same problem!)

Post Reply Post Reply
I made another video for Mark at Second Wind and he has now asked me to send the machine back for replacement.

Presumably it will be costly but that's the chance I took when buying overseas. At least I'll still be ahead compared with a local purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-04-2016, 07:14 PM)comphelp Wrote: I made another video for Mark at Second Wind and he has now asked me to send the machine back for replacement.

Presumably it will be costly but that's the chance I took when buying overseas. At least I'll still be ahead compared with a local purchase.

Yay!!! Yeah, once you could clearly show the noise, that's a HECK of a noise. So I'm glad they owned up to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2016, 07:14 PM)comphelp Wrote: I made another video for Mark at Second Wind and he has now asked me to send the machine back for replacement.

That's good news. The latest information (from Palerider) is that the 'pneumatic block' is a module of air handling components, so possibly quite expensive to replace.

Post Reply Post Reply
A quick update.

Second Wind received my machine on Tuesday and sent me a replacement on Thursday.

Hopefully it will arrive sometime mid next week (sent via UPS to Australia).

No comments were made about my old machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm weeks behind on this (sorry for the delay).

The replacement machine arrived and unfortunately was also faulty (humidified fault this time). Thankfully the supplier was helpful and paid for the return post and sent me a brand new machine. I'm now very happy with ResMed AirSense 10 and I'm tolerating it well. It is VERY quiet.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news. Thanks for letting us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
[size=medium]I just got the same machine ResMed' AirSense 10 same problem-either high pitched chirping or a popping sound upon inhale regardless of humidity level-mask seal says it's good with the smiley face icon. I've tried everything in the videos and manuals to rectify the problem-no solution. Unfortunately doc has to change my pressure setting I can't do it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,738 39 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,263 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.