Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
Second Wind has a very good reputation here. Are you sure he listened to the same clip? It sure sounded defective to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 04:37 PM)chill Wrote: Second Wind has a very good reputation here. Are you sure he listened to the same clip? It sure sounded defective to me.

Yes, absolutely.

I purchased the machine from them based on their reputation and on other forums nobody had a faulty unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the clip has a problem, it does not have any video, but is just black. If you do this again, show your face with the mask on, and pan to the machine, and then zoom in on the noise moving closer to the machine. This will show you are awake, and the sound is audible, and gets louder as the camera/mic gets closer to the machine. Turn on the lights.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just one more thought. Invite his input as to which seal might cause this problem. Maybe they can just send the part. Also on your video, show the sound with the humidifier chamber bypassed. If the sound does not occur, this clearly puts the problem on the humidifier seals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 04:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If the clip has a problem, it does not have any video, but is just black. If you do this again, show your face with the mask on, and pan to the machine, and then zoom in on the noise moving closer to the machine. This will show you are awake, and the sound is audible, and gets louder as the camera/mic gets closer to the machine. Turn on the lights.
Fair call. I'll do that. There is a chance that he is misunderstanding the video or simply not believing it.
(11-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just one more thought. Invite his input as to which seal might cause this problem. Maybe they can just send the part.
Can we be sure it is a seal? I'm new to CPAP so don't know enough to be sure.
(11-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Also on your video, show the sound with the humidifier chamber bypassed. If the sound does not occur, this clearly puts the problem on the humidifier seals.
I've already tried this. The noise is still audible without the humidifier and the hose pressed against the air outlet. This is one of the first things I tried because so many people had humidifier seal problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
ALso, when you redo the video with the above suggestions, ALSO show yourself breathing from the tube and not making a noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 06:54 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: ALso, when you redo the video with the above suggestions, ALSO show yourself breathing from the tube and not making a noise.
Actually, I tried that again last night and it did make a noise. I'm not sure what was different that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 08:48 AM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Sorry, I don't recall.
Was there any paperwork suggesting what they repaired?
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Eventually it 'clicked' with me that something was seriously wrong with the machine. It still worked okay, blowing air, changing pressure and recording results.
Like yours my machine does actually work well. It's just the noise that's keeping us awake.

I have just called my supplier to try and find out which seal it was. She is checking with the repairers. If I get an answer, I will share it with you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 08:21 PM)cands Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 08:48 AM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Sorry, I don't recall.
Was there any paperwork suggesting what they repaired?
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Eventually it 'clicked' with me that something was seriously wrong with the machine. It still worked okay, blowing air, changing pressure and recording results.
Like yours my machine does actually work well. It's just the noise that's keeping us awake.

I have just called my supplier to try and find out which seal it was. She is checking with the repairers. If I get an answer, I will share it with you.

Okay, here is the information transcribed from the Service Report.
The repairer was 'Electro Medical Group'.

CONFIRMED NOISE FROM MOTOR ONLY DURING INHALATION.
DISASSEMBLED, INSPECTED INTERNALLY. RE-ASSEMBLED WITH NEW PNEUMATIC BLOCK.

PARTS: PNEUMATIC BLOCK - AIR 10, PART NUMBER 19696

I hope this is of some help to you..

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 08:43 PM)cands Wrote: CONFIRMED NOISE FROM MOTOR ONLY DURING INHALATION.
DISASSEMBLED, INSPECTED INTERNALLY. RE-ASSEMBLED WITH NEW PNEUMATIC BLOCK.

PARTS: PNEUMATIC BLOCK - AIR 10, PART NUMBER 19696
Thank you very much. I'll do some research.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 534 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,870 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,308 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,648 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 94 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,852 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.