Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling.
(12-30-2016, 10:08 PM)natthebratster Wrote: Unfortunately doc has to change my pressure setting I can't do it myself.
You can change them yourself. When on the home page, press the knob that turns and home buttons at the same time. That takes you to the clinical menu where you can change all settings.

However, with the sort of problems you're having, it might make more sense to take it back and get it looked at.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may sound stupidly obvious but are you sure that the machine is running when you get the popping noise? With my FFM I have gotten the popping noise and it has invariably been because I thought that I had turned the machine on but actually had not. The popping noise being the anti-asphyxiation valve. Just a thought.

Another thing to be aware of is that you can have a leak that makes a whistling noise without the leak being large enough to cause a frowny face

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I joined up just to say thanks to those who have added helpful content to this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a used ResMed AirSense 10 and my wife and I found it far too noisy to sleep with. Decided to buy a used Icon+ to compare, and the difference is night and day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made a youtube video comparing the noise levels, but I can't post it as I haven't made enough posts yet.

ResMed AirSense 10 NOISE vs. Fisher & Paykel Icon+
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to your video
Post Reply Post Reply
Something is very wrong with your A10. The machine is generally so quiet most can't even tell its on. Used does not mean good as new.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 was practically silent at first . The noise increased over time and I now use ear plugs. I have a feeling the noise is coming from where the  humidifier tank seals inside the unit. I think the seals need to be replaced
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a five year old ResMed S9 Escape. For the past year it has been making a pretty loud whistling noise when I inhale, but I thought it was just that the machine was wearing out. It bothers my wife.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get whistling in my mask when it gets wet inside. A whistling in your machine sounds like air escaping where it should not
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,449 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,997 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,252 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,159 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.