Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed Elite s8 shuts off intermittently
Last night I knocked my ResMed Elite s8 off the nightstand. It fell about 18 inches and landed with display face-down. During the night it would shut down intermittently. I'd wake up because the machine stopped. I had to turn off the power to re-start the machine, but between 30 minutes to an hour later it would turn off again and I had to repeat the process. Could a setting have been changed when the machine hit the carpet? Never had this problem before now. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2013, 07:37 AM)JCaesar Wrote: Last night I knocked my ResMed Elite s8 off the nightstand. It fell about 18 inches and landed with display face-down. During the night it would shut down intermittently. I'd wake up because the machine stopped. I had to turn off the power to re-start the machine, but between 30 minutes to an hour later it would turn off again and I had to repeat the process. Could a setting have been changed when the machine hit the carpet? Never had this problem before now. Thank you.

Do you have a humidifier? Did water get on the main CPAP machine? Do you have smart start on? I don' know what else to suggest and hopefully someone else has some suggestions for you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the humidifierwas attached at the time. I thought about the water issue but I would think if water had gotten inside the machine it wouldn't work at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi JCaesar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully water didn't get into the machine.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Airsense 10 Elite humming all night - going crazy! Cro0ked 16 851 03-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  [Equipment] Auto start on resmed elite s9 justka 5 350 01-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Resmed S9 Elite Last Nights Use 24hrs?? Cloner 6 319 12-14-2016, 09:40 PM
  [Equipment] Water tub maintenance for ResMed S9 Elite Maggie 9 551 10-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Maggie
  Resmed s9 elite stats jxyzobrien 0 318 08-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: jxyzobrien
  ResMed AutoSet S9 Shuts Off Suddenly geoffleach 5 616 07-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Last Post: chill
Question [Equipment] SmartStart on ResMed S9 Elite BarryM 3 696 06-13-2016, 04:57 PM