Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed S9 VPAP ST doesn't show AHI
ResMed S9 VPAP ST doesn't show AHI
Sometimes my S9 shows AHI and sometimes not. I have been changing settings to get down AHI #. Any that would turn off AHI report?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 VPAP ST doesn't show AHI
Hi photocoach,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question, but hang in there and someone will be along to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are talking about showing the AHI information on the VPAP's screen, I believe the only setting of interest is Sleep Quality setting in the Clinician's set up menu. If Sleep Quality is set to ON, you should be able to see the AHI information. If Sleep Quality is set to USAGE in the clinical set up menu, you will only see the usage data when you go into the Sleep Quality report as a patient.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2014, 03:52 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi photocoach,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question, but hang in there and someone will be along to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.

THANKS. I appreciate the welcome and the time and effort folks take to be helpful with sites like this.

(07-30-2014, 04:05 PM)robysue Wrote: If you are talking about showing the AHI information on the VPAP's screen, I believe the only setting of interest is Sleep Quality setting in the Clinician's set up menu. If Sleep Quality is set to ON, you should be able to see the AHI information. If Sleep Quality is set to USAGE in the clinical set up menu, you will only see the usage data when you go into the Sleep Quality report as a patient.

I didn't know this and just checked my settings. Sleep Quality was on. Thanks for one more piece of useful information in the battle to master the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2014, 03:35 PM)photocoach Wrote: Sometimes my S9 shows AHI and sometimes not. I have been changing settings to get down AHI #. Any that would turn off AHI report?
At midday, the S9 start a new day and rest data to zero in the "Sleep Quality" info menu
you need to check the data before noon from this menu

You can check the data any time of the day from the "advanced info menu"
Press and hold both silver buttons for 3 sec, turn the push dial to "Sleep Report"
All explained in the clinical manual and setup videos
Clinical manual available via Email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
S9 setup video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

To find out more detailed info, you'll need to download the data into ResScan or SleepyHead
Here is the download links for both http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2014, 03:35 PM)photocoach Wrote: Sometimes my S9 shows AHI and sometimes not. I have been changing settings to get down AHI #. Any that would turn off AHI report?

Hi photocoach,

If all the other good suggestions don't help, try replacing the SD card.

Strange thing happened the last couple weeks when I checked my machine's data. On some nights the High Rate data (i.e., Flow data) was randomly missing from some nights. I normally disconnect power every day, so even long periods with power disconnected did not help.

Tried reformatting the SD card but that made no difference or made things worse. Replaced the SD card and all problems disappeared.

I suspect I may have inadvertently touched the copper fingers on the SD card. Even a very small amount of static electricity, too small to cause a spark or feel, may be able to damage the SD card.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2014, 12:05 AM)vsheline Wrote:

Hi photocoach,

If all the other good suggestions don't help, try replacing the SD card.

Strange thing happened the last couple weeks when I checked my machine's data. On some nights the High Rate data (i.e., Flow data) was randomly missing from some nights. I normally disconnect power every day, so even long periods with power disconnected did not help.

Tried reformatting the SD card but that made no difference or made things worse. Replaced the SD card and all problems disappeared.

I suspect I may have inadvertently touched the copper fingers on the SD card. Even a very small amount of static electricity, too small to cause a spark or feel, may be able to damage the SD card.

Thanks. This is a good ideaI never thought of and will remember. Right now the machine is reporting AHI's regularly and they are much too high for comfort or safety so I am buying a used ASV machine the office help at my MD found for me. A warning to the less informed, if you might need an ASV machine don't arrange for anything else. They have the same codes as machines like the S9 VPAP ST and if you get such, it will be years before insurance will pay for an ASV machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 11:58 PM)photocoach Wrote: Right now the machine is reporting AHI's regularly and they are much too high for comfort or safety so I am buying a used ASV machine the office help at my MD found for me.

Hi photocoach,

First check out prices for used ASV unit at Supplier #2. (Link to Supplier List is given at top of all forum pages.) Includes professional cleaning and 6 month warrantee on both blower and humidifier:

"Gently Used Respironics System One BIPAP Auto SV Advanced Machine with Heated Humidifier. Low Hour, used. 6 month warranty on machine and humidifier. $1299.00"

This would be for the "950" model which has heated Humidifier but does not have heated hose, not the newer 960 model. Both models automatically adjust both EPAP and Pressure Support.

Occasionally Secondwind has S9 VPAP Adapt units, but usually only the older USA model 36007. I've not yet seen SecondWind offer the newer S9 VPAP Adapt model 36037 which automatically adjusts both EPAP and Pressure Support. Both models have same model name but different model number. The 36007 automatically adjusts Pressure Support but only allows manual adjustment of EPAP.

Good luck, and take care.
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Because of the board’s recommendations I checked vender #2 earlier and didn’t find an ASV for the price you indicate. I was about to call #2’s tech when the front desk at my MD called me and said she had from another patient an ASV. Ultimately it is $700, checked out as O.K. and set by my MD’s techs. 1 ½ years old, Respironics BIPAP autoSV Advanced, System One. Don’t know yet about humidifier. I am sure I will be having questions for the board about using this model. I’ve spent hours studying about settings for the S9. Last night AHI was 57.9 with mouthpiece and tape. The mouthpiece is cutting my mouth and the tape is making my lips sore. Two nights in the last month I got down to the high teens but usually am in the thirties. I am a retired academic. This is a whole new study. The ApneaBoard and you who contribute do a great job.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2014, 10:15 AM)photocoach Wrote: Ultimately it is $700, checked out as O.K. and set by my MD’s techs. 1 ½ years old, Respironics BIPAP autoSV Advanced, System One.

Excellent price, and even more so since it sounds like it may still be under original manufacturer's warrantee for another six months.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 235 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 641 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.