Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed - Unclassified Apneas
RE: ResMed - Unclassified Apneas
(01-17-2015, 08:17 AM)MR-ab Wrote: this is finally beginning to make some sense to me. Selecting appropriate pressure settings looks like it will be a trial and error process in my case. I know for certain that increasing pressure triggered 3x the number of central apneas during my titration measurements, yet I may still have residual obstructive apneas to address that will require increased pressure. I'm doing much better than my 50-60 AHI per hour before CPAP, but would love to get it below 10 on average as a mid-term goal.

Hi Mike,

Some doctors seem not very concerned about a moderate amount of pressure-induced central apneas which may show up during an initial titration, because, as our system becomes accustomed to breathing under pressure, these pressure-induced central events tend to reduce and disappear, during the first few weeks or months of therapy.

Hopefully, that will be true in your case, too.

This may be why insurance companies sometimes require a trial with a standard xPAP or standard bi-level machine without a backup rate, before approving an ASV bi-level titration and an ASV machine for patients who may have lots of centrals during a titration.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 595 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.