Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed - Unclassified Apneas
(01-17-2015, 08:17 AM)MR-ab Wrote: this is finally beginning to make some sense to me. Selecting appropriate pressure settings looks like it will be a trial and error process in my case. I know for certain that increasing pressure triggered 3x the number of central apneas during my titration measurements, yet I may still have residual obstructive apneas to address that will require increased pressure. I'm doing much better than my 50-60 AHI per hour before CPAP, but would love to get it below 10 on average as a mid-term goal.

Hi Mike,

Some doctors seem not very concerned about a moderate amount of pressure-induced central apneas which may show up during an initial titration, because, as our system becomes accustomed to breathing under pressure, these pressure-induced central events tend to reduce and disappear, during the first few weeks or months of therapy.

Hopefully, that will be true in your case, too.

This may be why insurance companies sometimes require a trial with a standard xPAP or standard bi-level machine without a backup rate, before approving an ASV bi-level titration and an ASV machine for patients who may have lots of centrals during a titration.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Apneas while awake and at night Lkng67 8 532 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: xxyzx
  post-arousal apneas Leemax 3 322 04-17-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  High central apneas? 3mp0w3r 1 307 03-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  First night on autopap (central apneas) JohnnyGobbs 74 3,082 03-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: JohnnyGobbs
  [Pressure] Hypoxic- No Apneas- Pressure Too High? beardog 13 1,037 11-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Clear/Central Apneas, BiPAP, CO2 washout confusion. NorthernGuy 3 848 09-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Treatment] Auto CPAP, high/erratic AHI, high Clear Apneas - it's not working jmortensenjr 10 1,256 08-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Last Post: jmortensenjr