Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed not collecting data
ResMed not collecting data
Hey, y'all...

I've had a ResMed for not quite a year and it had been working fine - until a couple of weeks ago.

It's stopped collecting data. (i.e. no data is being recorded on the SD card.)

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, what to do about it?

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed not collecting data
I have. As have others. In my case, removal of power for a few minutes essentially rebooted my VPAP and it started recording data.
The other thing to consider is the SD card may be kaput.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 07:30 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.
The S9 would reject the card and ask you to unlock it, otherwise won't let you use the machine with locked card
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 07:35 AM)zonk Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 07:30 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.
The S9 would reject the card and ask you to unlock it, otherwise won't let you use the machine with locked card

Indeed true... Been there and done that. Coffee
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, we've had a few power blips lately, so I'm wondering if that knocked it out.

I have a UPS on order - it should be arriving within the next few days. Once the ResMed is plugged into that, I shouldn't have issues with these power blips.

I guess I'll try "rebooting" the system - unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. (Hadn't thought to do that... heh)

I don't think the card is bad - It hasn't been abused or been removed/inserted/removed/inserted a lot.

Thanks for the help! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. So rebooting it didn't help. I still have no new data on the card.

Time to contact ResMed?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 08:10 AM)cr0ak Wrote: OK. So rebooting it didn't help. I still have no new data on the card.

Time to contact ResMed?

No data at all? Not even hours slept?

I'd try a new card first. Any SD card up to 2GB and not an SDHC card.
If that turns up zilch, then request warranty service. IIRC, ResMed has a 2 year warranty.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
First I would reformat SD card. Possible that the data on the card got partially written or corrupted when the power went out unexpectedly.

If you can still read the card on your computer then pull all the data that you can into sleepyhead.

Next use the computer to reformat SD card.

Now insert it back into the CPAP machine and let it rewrite the historical summary data. Next write protect the SD card and see if you can read it on your computer.

If you can read the data on the computer, then chances are good that the card is now OK to start collecting new data. And we have established that the CPAP machine can write data.

Run a ten minute session and see if it writes the detail session data.

If yes then you are back in business

If you can't read or format the card on the computer then buy a new 2GB SD card. Under $10 online, ~$20 local store.

If the card is okay and the CPAP machine can't write to it then it's a faulty machine, and time to call the DME for warranty replacement.

Hth,

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to check the time and date setting to make sure it didn't lose its place.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,074 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.