Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed not collecting data
RE: ResMed not collecting data
See my post in another thread about possible manufacturing defect in the recording functions of the A10. It records for awhile then stops........
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 08:51 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: First I would reformat SD card. Possible that the data on the card got partially written or corrupted when the power went out unexpectedly.

If you can still read the card on your computer then pull all the data that you can into sleepyhead.

Next use the computer to reformat SD card.

Now insert it back into the CPAP machine and let it rewrite the historical summary data. Next write protect the SD card and see if you can read it on your computer.

If you can read the data on the computer, then chances are good that the card is now OK to start collecting new data. And we have established that the CPAP machine can write data.

Run a ten minute session and see if it writes the detail session data.

If yes then you are back in business

If you can't read or format the card on the computer then buy a new 2GB SD card. Under $10 online, ~$20 local store.

If the card is okay and the CPAP machine can't write to it then it's a faulty machine, and time to call the DME for warranty replacement.

Hth,

Saldus Miegas

So I don't need an actual ResMed card? There's no specific data on the original card that the machine needs in order to work?

If that's the case, I have plenty of SD cards around (16 GB to 64 GB), and I can use one of those.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed will spin you a yarn about only using their branded cards but that's - shall we say - a case of marketing getting in the way of the facts. The older S9 machines apparently wouldn't work with a card larger than 2 gb but I understand this limitation doesn't apply to the more recent units. If your 16 gb card won't work, get hold of a 2 gb and try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cr0ak

Any blank SD should work. There is no "factory data" on the card that is not written to the card by the machine.

Anything bigger than 2 GB is overkill. Unclear if the CPAP machine can read & write beyond 2 GB, but in my experience with phones and cameras most devices will accept a higher capacity card but not use any more than the device's capability. YMMV.

Never tried a card greater then 2 GB on my A10, so if trying a spare 64GB card doesn't work you might need to get a 2GB one. It will either work or it won't... No harm in trying. You will want to let the CPAP machine format the card so the file system isn't written to space the machine can't access.

Worth a try if you have spare ones. Worst case you go buy a 2GB card.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you ALL very much! It's so great to be able to ask questions and receive knowledgeable answers without having to deal with manufacturers and their ummmm... effluent. LOL

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2015, 08:15 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: If your 16 gb card won't work, get hold of a 2 gb and try that.

A 16 gigabyte micro sd with an adapter for the SD worked fine in my machine. My WIFI enabled SD card is also 16GB and works fine too. That much space may be overkill but SD has a limited (very large) number of writes and the more space there is the longer it will be until that limit is reached.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 277 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 520 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,129 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,594 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 842 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 288 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 455 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.