Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Reset usage hours
Reset usage hours
Hello,
Last night was my first night using my resmed airsense 10 machine. I can't seem to clear the usage hours or events per hour. I did discover the clock on my machine was set on USA time and I have changed it to UK time but hours and events still not zero. Can someone please let me know how this happens?
Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reset usage hours
You can reset the machine to clear user hours.  Was the machine previously used by someone else that you would want to clear it.  You will need to do this from the provider menu.  

Machine/Blower hours cannot be reset.

Order your Clinicians Manual to guide you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Be sure to follow directions exactly and list complete machine name when requesting manual.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your info. I bought the machine in the USA and it is new. I am the only user. I assumed that the hours and events would clear on a daily basis automatically. The USA time runs from noon to noon and I do not know if UK is the same. I will order the manual you have suggested. Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kathy. The machine retains all the summary information internally, forever. The more detailed high resolution data (eg breath-by-breath pressure, flow etc) is not stored internally but written to the SD card.

Each day at noon (according to the machine's internal clock) the machine resets your daily data so that the AHI, usage hours etc are correct for each 24 hour period. The internal clock needs to be set to UK time, and the manual will have instructions on how to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello DeepBreathing,
Yes I thought that was what would happen. I just wanted to clear the daily display info and since I was running on USA time until a couple of hours ago when I changed to UK time, I guess it won't clear until I go through a 24 hour cycle. 
Thanks again for taking time to answer. Much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
The info on screen resets when the machine's internal clock hits noon.
Since the UK is 5 to 8 hours ahead of the US, you should be able to move the internal clock ahead the required number of hours.
(I assume you have done this.)
Your displayed stats should reset the next time you cross local noon.

Those who go from the US to say Australia require a move backwards. This sometimes get complicated because the date may not be set to a day that contains any data. In that case, a reset of data is required.

Best to have the manual as OpalRose has suggested.

Best Wishes,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest that you obtain a SD Card so that you can export data to SleepyHead software - you don't need to do this daily, the SD Card saves all days. You can also register on myair.resmed.com and get very basic information from previous nights that is uploaded before noon each day. No need to reset.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir may not work in the UK. It's my understanding that the cellular modem is CDMA; and the UK telecoms are GSM.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much Mongo and yes I have already reset the internal clock. It should now clear tomorrow at noon. I do have an SD card CatNap.
Thanks to all who took time to answer my query. I really appreciate it.
Take care,
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience has been that the usage hours does not clear until you actually start a new session - that is, put the mask on and start the blower. I don't know if running the 'mask fit' function will do that or not.
It's not a major thing, just a minor correction.
Oh, it will start accumulating hours again if you sleep past 'machine noon'. My clock runs slow, so if I sleep until 12:30, I'll see a 20 or 25 minute session for 'today'; it's startling the first time you see it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 1 61 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 387 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 320 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,034 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 533 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 704 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.