Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Day 1 - OSCAR
Day 1 - OSCAR
First post so go easy.  Big Grin  I don't have the best insurance so I did the sleep apnea test at home.  Results showed pAHI score of 36.5 so I ordered a AirSense 10 Autoset w/AirFit F20 full face mask.  

Attached are my results after night #1.  I've done some reading and it appears it's working (AHI - 1.39).  I thought I'd post my results from OSCAR and see if there is anything I should be concerned with.  Obviously this is only the first night so....

*I hope I have the test results formatted correctly.

Thanks! 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Day 1 - OSCAR
Hey Dave,

Congrats on your first night. An AHI on night 1 of 1.39 is a good result.

It will only get easier the more you get used to sleeping with the equipment too.

I suspect that your minimum pressure setting is too low and probably needs to be nudged up closer to 9 or 10 but I'll leave the experts on here to judge that.

All the best,

Owen
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Your flow limits are high but your AHI is good

One change.
Set min pressure=7 to give EPR room to work, then repost. I expect you to need more changes but let's get this basic one done for starters
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bump it up to 7 and give it a few days. Thanks!

*This site has been very helpful so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bump it down you need to also reduce EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2023, 04:08 PM)Gideon Wrote: If you bump it down you need to also reduce EPR

Bump it down? I thought you guys said to increase it from 4 to 7/9? 

What is the EPR? Is that a setting in the menu?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is Exhale Pressure Relief. Your pressure is reduced by the set value when you exhale. 
In your case with a minimum pressure of 4 cm and an EPR of 3 cm, the EPR has no room to work. 

To keep your EPR at 3, you would need at least a minimum pressure of 7 cm to allow it to work. In addition, a minimum pressure of 4 cm isn't likely to be doing you much good. it's the machine's absolute lowest pressure setting.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Increased min. to 7 and left EPR at 3.  I felt like I slept better last night.   Dont-know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you felt comfortable with this configuration, I would actually suggest changing your minimum pressure to 10 for a day or two and see how you feel. 
Your 95% pressure from this chart is almost 13 cm. For a good part of the night, your machine was wanting to go that high to treat your events.
So getting closer to that pressure would be a good trial.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate all the help! I’ll bump it up to 10 tonight and see how it goes. 

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.