Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline
I got my new machine in February before I had an 8 year old Resmed S9 Elite.  Now my Doctor prescribed a new machine the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  When I got it with the climateline tube it had a climate control option with temperature setting.  Now it just has humidity level and I have been sleeping horribly.  I talked to my DME and they said to turn my humidity off and it turns on auto setting of humidty.  This does not sound right to me but I was wondering if anybody else experienced this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline
Check the connections on the hose to make sure there's no moisture and than plug it back in.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pockstriker - Welcome
The electrical contacts on the CPAP connection side need to fully seated in order for the Resmed to sense that it has a ClimateLine attached. If you feel that you have it fully seated, then it may be defective. This is a best guess at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked my DME supplier which is my first time to this one today about it being defective. She said no you have to turn the humidifier off for it to automatically work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huhsign
Let me get this straight, you have to turn it off so it will be turned on?
Whistle
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what she told me, I said that doesn't sound right to me. She didn't have any hoses to swap out until next week. So another week of bad sleep ahead.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'm coming from an S9 point of view.  Having the protective cover removed on the CPAP contacts. the CPAP having power but is not turned on and you connect the ClimateLine, it will (should) automatically display on the screen something along the lines of, "ClimateLine Detected".  It will replace the humidity level setting with a temperature setting on your user menu.   The A10 connection is different than the S9's so I don't know if you are required to twist the hose contacts into place like the S9.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
No twisting on the AirSense, it just pushes straight on. With the machine turned on, inserting the hose will give you a message like "ClimateLineAir connected". If you have Climate Control set to Auto, you can only set the tube temperature, from Off to 30C and Auto.
If Climate Control has been set to Manual in the Clinician's menu, then you can set both the temperature and humidity level in the User Options menu.
You have to squeeze the white rectangles to remove the hose, by the way.

(I'm not sure what happens with a regular hose - I've never used mine.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off to turn it on? Windows Start to shut off...Coffee

Sorry, no, I'm not buying the DME info. She's wrong.

Note confirmed on 10 series, ClimateLine Heated Hose plugs straight into the machine, no twists. If it connects, the screen will give verification. Just to clarify, the heated hose end with the 90° bend built-in and white rectangle buttons goes into the machine. The straight end is for the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2018, 01:21 PM)pholynyk Wrote: No twisting on the AirSense, it just pushes straight on. With the machine turned on, inserting the hose will give you a message like "ClimateLineAir connected".

(06-27-2018, 04:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: ClimateLine Heated Hose plugs straight into the machine, no twists. If it connects, the screen will give verification. Just to clarify, the heated hose end with the 90° bend built-in and white rectangle buttons goes into the machine. The straight end is for the mask.

Thanks guys!  Either I need to get an A10 or, even cheaper, remember this info.  Thanks
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,829 9 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 121 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 842 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,625 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.