Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline
Don't be cheap, move up to the Latest and Greatest(®)   Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2018, 11:02 AM)Pockstriker Wrote: I got my new machine in February before I had an 8 year old Resmed S9 Elite.  Now my Doctor prescribed a new machine the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  When I got it with the climateline tube it had a climate control option with temperature setting.  Now it just has humidity level and I have been sleeping horribly.  I talked to my DME and they said to turn my humidity off and it turns on auto setting of humidty.  This does not sound right to me but I was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

Like everyone else who has replied, I'll confirm that your DME doesn't have a clue.  When I plug or unplug my climateline hose into my A10 machine, the screen always comes on because it senses the hose when plugged in properly.  You only have to ensure the plug on the hose mates up with the socket on the machine when you snap it in. What you're describing sound like it isn't lined up properly or hasn't been pushed in and seated, ie - your machine doesn't know the climateline tube is connected.  So, I'd pull the hose off the machine, look at the plug to be sure it appears to be clean (like the plug on a new lamp, and if it doesn't, a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean it), line it up with the socket on the machine and push it in firmly.  If that doesn't work to bring back the options you got at first (especially Auto, I like Auto), then the hose is likely defective.  Can't believe a DME wouldn't have another hose lying around that you could at least use to troubleshoot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the responses. I ordered a hose off of Amazon because they told me it would be another week prior to getting one in. Climateline in my opinion is the best thing invented for a cpap. They diagnosed me years before it was invented and I hated the loud machine which either dried me out or rained out so much I turned the machine back in. I didn't get back on one until years later. I can't believe this new DME has no clue about Cpaps and they have a special room for cpap supplies.

Another note I had to switch DME's from Sleepmed Therapy to these guys for insurance reasons. That is a long story. I may be looking for another DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW when plugging in the heated hose, be certain the tab with the connections on the hose and machine are lined up. It likely is, but just mentioning it. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out just now that I have the same problem as the OP so I'll just ask here. My machine's climate control option disappeared and I can only choose two types of tube in the menu: standard and slimline. I have a new spare Climateline air heated tube and used it, but it also was not recognized. The humidity option is still there, though.

It used to be that every time I put back the tube after cleaning, the machine would display something like "climateline air detected." Now, whether I remove it or put it back, makes no difference. In effect, it seems it always sees an ordinary tube connected, even if it isn't. I was hoping you have additional insights on this case.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2018, 11:02 AM)Pockstriker Wrote: I got my new machine in February before I had an 8 year old Resmed S9 Elite.  Now my Doctor prescribed a new machine the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  When I got it with the climateline tube it had a climate control option with temperature setting.  Now it just has humidity level and I have been sleeping horribly.  I talked to my DME and they said to turn my humidity off and it turns on auto setting of humidty.  This does not sound right to me but I was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

I leave my Climate Control setting on auto. If I put it on manual, my humidity level control shows up. On the auto position, it does not. 

Not sure if this helps in regards to what you were asking, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2018, 01:21 PM)pholynyk Wrote: No twisting on the AirSense, it just pushes straight on. With the machine turned on, inserting the hose will give you a message like "ClimateLineAir connected". If you have Climate Control set to Auto, you can only set the tube temperature, from Off to 30C and Auto.
If Climate Control has been set to Manual in the Clinician's menu, then you can set both the temperature and humidity level in the User Options menu.
You have to squeeze the white rectangles to remove the hose, by the way.

(I'm not sure what happens with a regular hose - I've never used mine.)

Thanks, pholnyk. My new AirSense ClimateLine wasn't recognized because the tiny tabs on the hose
weren't lined up with the matching indents in the CPAP. All is good now.

Delighted to find this forum! After 12 years with a ResMed System One, this is a whole new world.

Best,

midwestguy
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 52 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,865 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,645 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.