Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 makes breathing noise
Resmed Airsense 10 makes breathing noise
I recently upgraded from Resmed S9, after five years,  to the Resmed Airsense 10.  From the first use, I can hear the intake of my breathing repeated by the machine.  Each breath creates a hushed sound by the machine.  Breathing out makes no noise.  The humidifier is installed and I have confirmed that it is well seated in its place.  Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 makes breathing noise
It may be that your just not use to the new noise compared to your old machine.  Dont-know
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It may be that the parameters are slightly different between the machines. Is the mask the same mask? There is significant noise that varies depending on how a mask vents.

The use of EPR can make a difference between inhale and exhale.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine does the exact same thing. It drives me crazy, as I'm a new CPAP user and use to absolute silence when trying to go to sleep. Being my first CPAP machine, I have nothing to compare it to. EPR is turned off on mine, but I've tried it both ways with no change.

Is there a machine that is silent?
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband's S9 sort of gurgles. My PR 560 breathes with me. I sleep entirely on my right side, and wear an earplug in my left ear as my head is very close to my machine. That works to cut out the sounds of both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange, I found the Airsense10 so quiet that I often wonder if it is still running.
Though my partner said it was making a noise during the night, it is not often she comments on it, but she did.
I have not heard it making anything but very silent noises when I breath, I have to breath hard to make it do this even.
It might be that the water is at a level that made my one slightly more noise the night she said it was noisier than usual, I don't know, I was sound asleep.  Make sure the filter is fine and that there is no air escaping form anywhere, including the seal around the humidifier seal around the chamber.  Also make sure it is set up for the right size of hose.
Otherwise, I have no idea.   Dont-know
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I fill the humidifier about half full. I’ll play with the level and see if makes any difference. My hose is set correctly. 

My mask, a pico, also makes a little noise and sometimes it’s hard to tell. But my my machine reminds me of the noise a ventilator makes but not as loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had two Airsense 10 Auto machines that I perceived to be far too noisy as far as 'the Darth Vader" sound was. After a fair bit of back and forward with the machine suppliers, and having the first one replaced, I tackled Resmed directly about the problem. I was pretty blunt with them and they knew I was going to fight dirty to get it sorted. The end result was they supplied a brand new Airsense 10 Auto for Her to me. I have been using it for just over six months now and it is quieter than the first two. I have a lung chronic condition and the "For Her" suits me better. The breathing sounds or "Darth Vader" syndrome of the Airsense 10 Auto are very well known. I have also made a small partially enclosed stand for my machine, that does not impact on the air intake for it at all, and I really do not hear it during the night now.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LSU101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with getting a different machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,729 3 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,108 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,262 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,603 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.