Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed S9 SD Card
Resmed S9 SD Card
I visited my sleep doctor today and he said that the current SD in my S9 Auto could or would only store 1 months data.

Would the 1 months data be limited by the size of the SD and if so is it possible to use a larger SD card to record more data as I don't have to see my Doc for another 6mths.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 SD Card
(10-23-2012, 09:04 AM)subyroo Wrote: I visited my sleep doctor today and he said that the current SD in my S9 Auto could or would only store 1 months data.

Would the 1 months data be limited by the size of the SD and if so is it possible to use a larger SD card to record more data as I don't have to see my Doc for another 6mths.
size does not matter. the card does not store more than 30 days of detailed data, 7 days of high resolution data and 365 days of compliance data

why don,t you use the software (free and available) ... so you don,t loose any data

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 03:43 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 09:04 AM)subyroo Wrote: I visited my sleep doctor today and he said that the current SD in my S9 Auto could or would only store 1 months data.

size does not matter. the card does not store more than 30 days of detailed data, 7 days of high resolution data and 365 days of compliance data

why don,t you use the software (free and available) ... so you don,t loose any data

I have the software thanks but have no idea on how to interpret it, oh well, that's why the sleep doc charges big $'s I suppose.

P.S. I thought size did matter. Bigwink Grin
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 07:10 PM)subyroo Wrote: I have the software thanks but have no idea on how to interpret it
see post #4 for explanation of the terms and also ResScan Report Interpretation Guide (post #1) just below link to download instructions
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-1

S9 data management guide
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I have the software thanks but have no idea on how to interpret it, oh well, that's why the sleep doc charges big $'s I suppose.

That's what they want you to believe.

But, seriously, not everyone is into the technical parts of whatever and however they are treating a condition. I know my medication works, but could care less about how it does it. But, I am one of those folks who is very visual. I like seeing my blood pressure readings, my blood glucose reading, etc. If you don't want to see it, you don't have to.

Our purpose here is to not make you do it, but show you that you can. We offer you the tools and guidance to take more control over your own care. We pull aside the curtain and show you how it all really works. Sometimes, just knowing what it all means makes a lot of difference in one's outlook on life.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the links Zonk.

Thanks for your reply too Paula02.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
I just replaced the Resmed stock SD card with another brand's 32G one, my new S9 autoset automatically formats the card and worked perfectly, though I'm not sure if larger capacity cards will really gain more storage for the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 10:37 PM)koala Wrote: I just replaced the Resmed stock SD card with another brand's 32G one, my new S9 autoset automatically formats the card and worked perfectly, though I'm not sure if larger capacity cards will really gain more storage for the machine.

When I used the REMstar I used my 2 gig SD card.
As for Resmed... what IS the size?
947 Megs (!)
Currently 640K is used up.
My conclusion? Yeah your card is big enough. Don't sweat it.
Now that's from using the machine for four nights.
So if I made the foolish assumption that it would mean it uses up 160K per night (it probably won't) then it totals out to 59 801 600 bytes for the year or 58 megabytes. If that is so then my card is big enough. Yours certainly is too. Relax.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed uses a very poorly designed format for its data storage on the SD card. As a consequence, it can't use much capacity of the card until the software breaks. There's something screwy like a limit of 256 files in the directory.

It will never put more than 100 MB or so on the card.

ResMed machines erase the detailed airflow data after 7 days, some data at 30 days, and other data at 365 days.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I,m still using the same card that came with machine 2 years ago and no problem so far
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 291 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10 JoeS01 7 920 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.