Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed System Error 101F????
Resmed System Error 101F????
I got this error message this morning.

Have any of you come across this before?
Any advice?

My device is 5 years old so I'm assuming Resmed won't do anything under warranty...

Thanks, Colin
Post Reply Post Reply
Repair my S8 or buy a newer model?
Mmmm, having spoken to Resmed they are saying it would need repair.
Anyone care to advise if the newer models give extra benefits?

My options seem to be
  • Repair my S8 for £400+
  • S9 Autoset for £450 plus extra for humidifier
  • £670 for Airsense 10 Autoset

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed System Error 101F????
Here's what I could find for the error:

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sdb7802.
This is pretty much what Resmed have told me

I have just re-started using my CPAP after a gap of 4 years, so now seem stuck with more expense before I can get going again.

Would you or anyone care to comment on:
- Sticking with the S8 (if it can be repaired)?
- Buying an S9 or S10 and what improvements I would see?

I guess I'd need to go back to my (private) doctor to get the settings applied to any new machine (more expense...)
Post Reply Post Reply
The algorithms in the newer generation machines have been improved.
I'd opt for a newer generation machine. I updated from an S8 to S9 about 2 years ago -- big difference in comfort and data capability

I'm guessing since you used the symbol for the GBP and referred to a private doctor that you are in the UK.
I don't know if the UK requires a prescription to buy a machine. The US does.

Looks like the exchange rate is about 1.46 USD to 1 GBP. So, for me to think in terms of USD, I multiply your figures by 1.46
Frankly, the prices you quote a very fair.

Setting your new machine to your prior settings is easy if you have the old settings. You can request the manual on this site and set them in yourself in minutes. Since we're taking about the Autoset, it's a pressure range.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JustMongo, reassuring to know the prices are comparable
And the UK Resmed site offers all their devices for sale online

(06-07-2016, 06:05 AM)justMongo Wrote: Setting your new machine to your prior settings is easy if you have the old settings. You can request the manual on this site and set them in yourself in minutes. Since we're taking about the Autoset, it's a pressure range.

So do people feel that there's little benefit in going back to the doctor?
The settings for the S8 can be directly applied to the S10?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2016, 06:52 AM)CJM99 Wrote: So do people feel that there's little benefit in going back to the doctor?
The settings for the S8 can be directly applied to the S10?

Going back to the doctor may trigger a new sleep test. Your needs may have changed over 5 years. However, since we are dealing with an Autoset machine, one can infer that you have obstructive apnea; and an Auto machine can find a proper pressure for you.

You'll likely start with with your former settings. You should download Sleepyhead and follow your therapy. Both the S9 and A10 Autoset have an SD card that's readable with a computer; and graphic results can be viewed via Sleepyhead. From that, if you need a slight tweak in pressure range -- it's a piece of cake.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CJM99,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck to you in restarting it this time around.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your kind words Trish and Mongo.

Anyway I seem to have overcome my first hurdle. I powered off the S8, and it started without the error message!

So I gave it another go last night, having this time found my way into the Clinical menu and turned EPR on. Remember this is my first time in using this machine having had a gap of around 5 years.

I woke up again after about an hour with a strong jet of air blowing into the mask - guess I must have stopped breathing. However after waiting several minutes I was still getting blasted, so I had to stop (no way to go back to sleep in that state).

Maybe the EPR settings (2, full) aren't quite enough. I will see if I can get some data from the sression dn share here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 03:30 AM)CJM99 Wrote: Thanks for your kind words Trish and Mongo.

Anyway I seem to have overcome my first hurdle. I powered off the S8, and it started without the error message!

So I gave it another go last night, having this time found my way into the Clinical menu and turned EPR on. Remember this is my first time in using this machine having had a gap of around 5 years.

I woke up again after about an hour with a strong jet of air blowing into the mask - guess I must have stopped breathing. However after waiting several minutes I was still getting blasted, so I had to stop (no way to go back to sleep in that state).

Maybe the EPR settings (2, full) aren't quite enough. I will see if I can get some data from the sression dn share here.

Hi CJM99, May I add my 2 cents? I was informed that the machines should be replaced every 5 years (I had mine for 10 years by the way). When I got my
new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, I was amazed at how well I could sleep!!
Honestly, the change is only good IMHO!! Better yet, nearly no noise, or feeling of forced air!!! It is a blessing in itself! I hope you find solace soon, it'll make you feel so much better! My old one was like yours: S8(referred to as The BRICK) My 2 cents in the pot.
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,433 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 336 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 186 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.