Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Respironics BIPAP S/T "Ventilator Inoperative"
Question 
Respironics BIPAP S/T "Ventilator Inoperative"
Hi, 
Brief history - been waiting on a sleep study/ENT consultation in the UK for ages now. Have done basic at home studies and don't have apnea but I do highly suspect UARS as I have all the hallmarks. Bought an Airsense 10 a while ago and really struggled to get to sleep with it no matter the settings. Decided to look for a bipap as I've heard they are much better for UARS. Seems secondhand bipaps are very hard to come by here in the UK..

Anyway I found a Respironics BIPAP S/T which was being sold as spares/repairs as the seller found it when clearing the house and didn't have a power supply to check if it works correctly. Took the risk buying it as I'm pretty desperate for some relief at this point. It arrived today and I plugged the Airsense 10 power supply in. It turned on and comes up with "ventilator inoperative" (pic attached). Wondering if anyone has experience with such a problem or if there are any diagnostics I can run? 
Any advice welcome!  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics BIPAP S/T "Ventilator Inoperative"
If you plugged an AirSense power supply, which is ResMed at 24V output, into a Respironics which is 12V then there is part of the issue. ResMed power supplies are not interchangeable with Respironics. ResMed uses twice the voltage so that's mismatch 2. The least it would do is give an error. The worst is double the voltage could have fried the internal components.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,588 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.