Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board!
RE: One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board!
Will do, Sleeprider. I will set from 7 - 12, EPR to 2 and keep humidity on. Will report the results tomorrow. The only problem with humidity is that I think it is causing me to wheeze. I'll ignore the wheezing for now, as the settings are most important to get figured out first. Got the chinstrap today, and I will wear that, too, tonight. I usually have to take a drink or two in the night (while lying down, I don't have to get up) even while using the humidity.

Thanks, trish!
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board!
Spent last night in Auto, 7 - 12, and 95% pressure was 11.58, up from the 8 as set in CPAP. Turned EPR down to 2. I definitely felt the extra pressure, and woke a few times to feel air bubbling out of edges of my mouth. Had no problem with dry mouth, but chest still feels tight, still wheezing, plus sore throat. Spent about the same amount of time sleeping, woke up about the same number of times, but it was one long session for the first time, didn't remove mask or stop the machine. AHI was almost exactly the same, 3.10 compared to 3.06 yesterday. Fewer CAs, more OAs.

Attaching the new graphs in same configuration as yesterday, if anyone has comments.

top of Daily Sidebar and graphs of events, flow, pressure, leaks
[Image: ZINn9qEl.png]

bottom of Daily Sidebar and graphs of events, flow, pressure, tidal volume
[Image: wQs6Csgl.png]
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
Let those settings ride for a few days or a week before deciding. It will take some time to adapt, but this pretty clearly shows that 8.0 may not be as optimal as thought. Overall the results are actually pretty close to the same and leaks are well within acceptable limits, tidal volume is a bit improved. I would expect to see the results bounce around a bit until you get used to the pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2016, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let those settings ride for a few days or a week before deciding. It will take some time to adapt, but this pretty clearly shows that 8.0 may not be as optimal as thought. Overall the results are actually pretty close to the same and leaks are well within acceptable limits, tidal volume is a bit improved. I would expect to see the results bounce around a bit until you get used to the pressure.

Thanks for your feedback, Sleeprider. I was surprised to see how similar the data was. I'll gather data for a week then come back to this thread and post for further input.
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.