Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Respironics System One Humidifier Settings
Respironics System One Humidifier Settings
Hello fellow board members. I am new to this board and just started treatment for obstructive sleep apnea.

I was titrated using a Resmed S9 Autoset with H5i Humidifier with no heated tubing with humidity set at 3.5. I liked the humidity and temperature of the air at that setting.

Now I have bought my Remstar Pro C-Flex+ with System One humifier and heated tubing.

I have a question about the humidity settings (the manual is not very clear about which options do what).

My provider had set the tube heating in the setup menu to "on" and no matter what I would dial the humidity wheel to, the air was too warm for my comfort.

I just turned it to "off" and I noticed that the setup menu now shows "System One Humidification" set to "on". From what I understand this setting will automatically adjust the humidity based on room humidity level (measured by a sensor on the heated tube) and the dial wheel setting.

I would appreciate any information that explains more clearly how the humidifier menu settings work and what the real life effect of each setting is.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics System One Humidifier Settings
Welcome Krusher! Did you check the manufacturer's website to see how the humidifier is supposed to work?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 12:52 PM)PollCat Wrote: Welcome Krusher! Did you check the manufacturer's website to see how the humidifier is supposed to work?

Yes. They have a lot of marketing info but nothing that clearly explains the menu options.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 12:05 PM)Krusher Wrote: I have a question about the humidity settings (the manual is not very clear about which options do what).
You can also get the clinical manual which is available via email (scroll down to section three) provide more information than the manual come with machine http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Krusher,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The dial determines the heated tube setting. To set the humidity you need to use the settings menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Help! I have a Philips-Respironics PR System One Series Machine. Each night I dutifully fill the water chamber for the humidifier, and each morning, the chamber is still full--the humidifier is not working! I have checked both the regular and clinician settings, and everything *seems* to be turned on correctly (humidifier set to 5, etc.). I just got it back from the repair center, and after paying $90, it STILL doesn't work? Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DianaK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question about your humidifier and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,000 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 369 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.