Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stat's thanks Robysue
Stat's thanks Robysue
Here are the screen shots I asked you about, if you could comment, I would really appreciate it. I am hoping I have all the leaks and stuff worked out and things are going as I think they should be. If you need another screen shot, let me know. Thanks again for all the guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stat's thanks Robysue
Robysue is in the classroom teaching or maybe sipping Latte on her coffee break right now Smile

AHI and leak numbers are excellent, what are you trying to fix?
7 hours is good too, from the look of it you get up twice during the night, do you know why you wake up?

Edit: Chinstrap helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth breathing, those spikes in the leak graph might indicate some mouth breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
Once, for a bio break, and the other time, I was having a coughing fit. I am just getting over pneumonia and beginning to get some sleep. The DME told me to always shut down the machine if I am getting up for any reason. Thanks for the info, I am just trying to make sure I am on my way, the right way, LOL. Before, the tech told my doctor I needed pressure of 17!!!!! I was having a ton on Apnea events at that pressure, now I think I might have found my number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marnid2014,

Your leaks look excellent. Yeah, those spikes might be a bit of mouth breathing OR the mask springing a small leak on the side somewhere. But if you slept through them, they're small enough to NOT matter.

The AHI data also looks excellent. And so does the usage data. How much sleep do you think you're getting each night?

Were you wearing a chin strap or not on this night?

You also write:
Quote:The DME told me to always shut down the machine if I am getting up for any reason. Thanks for the info, I am just trying to make sure I am on my way, the right way, LOL. Before, the tech told my doctor I needed pressure of 17!!!!! I was having a ton on Apnea events at that pressure, now I think I might have found my number.
Whether to turn the machine off or not is personal choice. I always do, however, since it makes no sense to leave it running ...

I cannot
imagine why the tech thought you needed 17cm if this data is typical. When you said you were having a tone of apneas at 17, any chance most of them were CAs??

Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason I can't add an attachment, it's very small, so I don't understand. Anyway, here are the numbers when I was on 17. I am sleeping about 7- 8 hours a night.

AHI 10.62
HYPONEA 017
APNEA 2.06
OBSTRUCTIVE 6.51
CLEAR AIRWAY 1.80

AT PRESSURE 6

AHI 0.36
APNEA 0.12
OBSTRUCTIVE 0.24
CLEAR AIRWAY 0.00

I am wearing a chin strap. When they titrated me, they made me sleep on my back and wear a mask which was full style. At home, I sleep on my side and my face is small. When I changed out the mask to a nasal pillow my leaks went way down. I was also struggling to breathe and swallow on 17. I don't know why they wanted me there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Examples of baseline "flow rate" stat? usernamenumber 16 4,627 12-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  To RobySue Phil587 7 2,774 07-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Last Post: zonk
  Question on Sleepyhead Leak stat Tom in RI 6 3,857 06-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Last Post: spdklls99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.