Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Running through hoops - Just venting
RE: Running through hoops - Just venting
(05-05-2014, 10:13 PM)dad2crazykids Wrote: Only weird thing is now I have a cell modem attached to the unit to report my data to the DME so they can verify my usage to the insurance provider (did not have to do that 5 years ago) at least it is only necessary for the first 90 days then I can send the cell component back to the DME. Anyways I am just glad to have the machine.

That's probably just a quirk of the insurance company's current policy.

I'm glad you got the S9 Autoset, it's a great machine.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Running through hoops - Just venting
(05-05-2014, 10:13 PM)dad2crazykids Wrote: Thanks for the advice everyone I appreciate it. I had my appointment to get my equipment today and got a resmed s9 autoset. After reading your replies yesterday I was concerned I was getting something else as I told the practioner that I was not certain if I would like auto pressure as she kept insisting most patients complained that they felt like they were suffocating using it. She told me I had to choose fixed or variable as a variable could not act as a fixed pressure machine. I chose fixed as that is what I am used to and did not want the problem of having to exchange a variable machine later if the practioner was right. Well the nice lady at the DME pulled out an autoset s9 when I arrived and told me off the bat that it is a variable machine but she set it to act as a fixed one for me. You think they would train the staff at the doctors office better on the machines capabilities. Anyways I have the machine with a heated tube and the resmed air fit nasal pillows instead of the swift nasal mask I've used. (Both seem to be nice upgrades from what I have used and the machine is so different from my s8 much quieter). I see how the unit works tonight. Only weird thing is now I have a cell modem attached to the unit to report my data to the DME so they can verify my usage to the insurance provider (did not have to do that 5 years ago) at least it is only necessary for the first 90 days then I can send the cell component back to the DME. Anyways I am just glad to have the machine.
Hi dad2crazykids,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new S9 AutoSet and mask upgrade.!
Best of luck and let us know how you do with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 12,963 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 131 03-28-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,257 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Resvent iBreeze error "Turbine running abnormally" bedroomsinger 2 12,493 02-01-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: cturner
  Dry Mouth, running out of humidifier water sailon1 18 10,444 12-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Last Post: narual
  Could running the machine to dry out the hose show up as CSR? tsmith502 1 582 03-15-2022, 01:06 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 8,050 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.