Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] S9 - How to get my vpap S9 to send a cold blow of air?
S9 - How to get my vpap S9 to send a cold blow of air?
Hello

I have just bought my first VPAP machine (S9 resmed auto). So far it is the worse thing I have ever experienced. I could not sleep at all.

The thing that bothers me most is that the air comes from the humidifier - vpap is kind of warm. Is there a way to get it cold? It is not even spring down here but the temperature is around 22 C. I could not imagine how it is going to be when summer comes.

Also if anyone out there has some advice on how to get used to a vpap treatment, please let me know.

Many thanks

Cheers

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 - How to get my vpap S9 to send a cold blow of air?
Welcome to the forum
I don,t use S9 VPAP but here are the user guides for the humidifier and climate line so you can adjust temp to your preference
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

The clinical manual is available via Email (scroll down, section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also just disconnect the humidifier and put the hose on the machine itself.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi emamm, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! I know you are having a rough start with CPAP therapy but don't giveup, you have only had it for a short time. CPAP therapy can take LOTS of TIME and PATIENCE so hang in there. Keep checking back into the forum for more suggestions. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello there

Many thanks for the replies and for the words of encouragement.

I read the manuals and the like and I did not find how to change the temperature except when one has the climateline tubing. Unfortunately I don't have it. However I found out that if you press the bottom twice for three seconds the vpap changes from heating the water to sort of cooling down the water. I managed to get a 9 hour sleep with an AHI of 1.3 (By the way how to read the numbers that come up from the Rescan report).

Cheers

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Start the machine. Look at the display. There will probably be a picture of a water drop and a number. The light in the humidifier will probably be orange. What is the number? You can probably turn the humidity up, down, or even off.

Turn the knob on the right counterclockwise until the number goes to "Off" and the humidifier light turns blue.

If the machine has been on, it may take a while for the water to cool down.

It might still feel a little warm, even with no humidifier, or with the heat turned off. About the only thing to do is lower the temperature in the room.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, i'm a new member to this forum and have been looking for topics on this temperature on the CPAP. I have an S9 - don't know if it's a VPAP or not but know that it's an auto machine. I have the opposite problem as the original message wanting a blast of cold air. My problem is that the air being blown is too cold. The airconditioning in our room (i share with a partner) runs so cold that sometime during the night, the air being blown out by the S9 is too cold that my nose feels like it's freezing. I do warm it up (sometimes two rounds) by pressing the warm up button. It runs the gamut of getting warm then starts to cool down again after which i press the warm up again and open the tub of water to feel if it's warmed up. Then i go to sleep but if i wake up during the night, it's cold again! If i sleep through, when i wake up, usually the air blowing is so cold and the water in the tub has surely cooled off cuz it was so cold in the room! What can i do??
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2012, 06:18 PM)Chingling Wrote: I have an S9 - don't know if it's a VPAP or not but know that it's an auto machine.
Welcome to the forum
Look next to start button ... Here shown AutoSet model
[Image: img_usage.jpg]

Maybe turn down the air conditioner so the room air is not too cold

Post Reply Post Reply
What do you have the humidifier set to?

Do you have the ClimateLine hose?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to Zonk and Paula2 for your replies. Should i reply to you individually (don't know how) or to both this way?

Anyway - thank you for the photo - I looked at my machine and yes it is an Autoset machine.

Humidity is set to 3.5. What does this have to do with the temperature of the air coming through the hose?

Yes i have a climate control hose. This is the 2nd one i got as the first one cracked soon after i bought it and used it about a month. The part nearest the connector to the machine cracked at the edge near the connector. The supplier replaced the machine. I don't know how it works but i get less water condensing in this hose. I live in Asia so it's very humid here.

As to the airconditioning - believe me - if i slept alone the airconditioner would not be set too low. My friend is going through menopause and is always hot. I am always cold so theory is it's easier for me to get more blankets than for her to put more fans nearby. So i have to figure out how to work my machines temperature. I used to have an M machine of respironics (2 of them over the last 4-5 years) but they've been acting up (another subject for another thread) and those models are no longer in production. So i am relatively new to the S9. The temperature and humidifier of that M machine worked better - it never got cold like this S9 gets!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 329 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 522 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.