Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

optimal mask purchasing
optimal mask purchasing
In your experience, does the whole mask wear at the same rate and require replacement all at once?

I'm not using insurance and am trying to figure out a mask replacement strategy. It's cheaper to buy the unit as a whole, but it comes with some sizes of nasal pillows that I don't need. Buying individual parts seems to cost more, but if one part will wear out sooner than another, then it might make sense to service it that way.

What are your thoughts on mask parts? I realize most folks probably get a whole new mask from their insurance every so often. If you didn't have insurance, how would you manage it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: optimal mask purchasing
In Australia, insurance does not cover mask or mask parts and prices are complete rip-off ($300 for FFM), how can they can justify such ridiculous prices? ... shame on them. Thanks to suppliers #2 and # 10 for my supplies otherwise, I cannot afford paying gouged local prices and very likely, the machine might be ended in the closet collecting dust. I've been using the mask frame over 2 years ago but replace other parts as needed, straps/forehead pieces about once a year and cushion 3/4 months

Post Reply Post Reply
$300 is a total scam. It's obvious that this is a retail game with shareholders to please.

Supplier #10 is even cheaper than the prices I found and they let me choose just the size of the nasal pillow I need. Thanks for pointing them out.

Hopefully I can get 3-4 months out of the Swift FX, headgear and all (?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Taking care of the mask makes it last longer. But usually, it is the parts that you have to wash the most and the hardest that will die first. Headgear will usually last for ever. Parts that touch your skin and need washing may not. Most hoses that go from mask to main hose will be cheap. If they fit into some sort of holder but come out of that holder easily, they're going to break there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 395 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 497 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  [Treatment] How to tell if I am getting optimal results from my PAP treatment? TryingToGetItRight 7 1,121 10-06-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: McDee
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 843 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,281 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
Grin [Pressure] Not sure what optimal pressures are mrsleepyhead2001 2 692 08-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.