Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] S9 Resmed auto setting not working
RE: S9 Resmed auto setting not working
(07-10-2013, 08:59 PM)Tez62 Wrote: gogailg5, try not to go down the meds track, I was on them for a couple of years before being diagnosed with SA and they kept upping and upping them and they actually made me worse. Doctors love using meds to fix symptoms instead of fixing the problem. Meds should only be used for a month and if the problem still exists it should be looked into more. The way I look at it is fix the cause, as there is always a cause and you fix the problem. The most common cause of awakings are either stress, worry or anxiety or a mixture of these, you need to resolve these issues first. It could be work, home life, illness etc but there is always a cause and meds just mask the cause. It will still be there and will always come back. I think you need to get your CPAP right so you are comfortable with it, get your settings right, understand your figures so you are more in control of your own therapy and try to reduces your stresses and much as possible. In your original post you spoke about your high BP and high heart pressure, these things must be stressing you out as well.

I completely concur...IM not stressed. I wake. I go back to sleep. IM not pondering anything in my mind. I believe my O2 is low and causing the arousals. I sent an email to resmed to ask if there's a problem with the detectional function for autoset. Again if IM awake and breathing normally....the pressure should not move from it's Original setting...but it does. It Macs out while IM awake. Maybe IM a shadow breather lol. Weird thing last night....I set the EPR to1. I woke up around 3 and pressure read 5. But the min pressure is 6. It's never been that low
Post Reply Post Reply
gogailg5, next step is to get the software downloaded and a card reader so you can check your data and if you want post the results on here and we can look at it and make some suggestions. A lot of us on here know as much as anyone else when it comes to reading the data and you'll get experienced at it soon too, I believe we need to take out therapy into our our hands because it's our bodies that we are talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2013, 08:27 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: yes...I understand. My setting was 7.0. That was 6 years ago. I wanted a new machine. So insurance company request a sleep study. That's when everything got confusing. I havn't sleep thru the night in the pass 8 years. So, my only unanswer question $1,000 of dollars later is why do I wake up. I wake up around 3:00, then every hour after that...before the O2 they ordered this year. I couldn't go back to sleep...now at least I can go right back to sleep upon awaking. I've had meds and more meds and I still wake up

I had the same issue as you. Go find your machine's manual and change it yourself to 7 again so it stays there. If you feel that isn't working for you, go up one centimeter in pressure. If that doesn't work, try another centimeter. Edge up until you feel it's working for you.

I originally had a CPAP pressure of 10 when I was originally diagnosed. It was ballpark, though, and when I went to get my new machine they too asked for an autopap instead of paying for a sleep study.

After the auto not working, I finally started searching online to find out how to set this thing myself, and that's how I found myself here. After some experimenting with pressures, I've found that the pressure necessary for me is no longer 10, but 11.

I don't know what I would have done, besides languish, without the information on this site. Doctors ballpark the pressure according to a study, but as we age and perhaps gain weight, our needs change. The insurance companies don't want to pay out for studies anymore, so they throw the autopap at you. Well, the autopap is autocrap. It didn't work for me, like it didn't work for you.

Don't be afraid to ease up into a higher pressure to find your optimal zone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(07-11-2013, 07:52 PM)FireInCairo Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 08:27 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: yes...I understand. My setting was 7.0. That was 6 years ago. I wanted a new machine. So insurance company request a sleep study. That's when everything got confusing. I havn't sleep thru the night in the pass 8 years. So, my only unanswer question $1,000 of dollars later is why do I wake up. I wake up around 3:00, then every hour after that...before the O2 they ordered this year. I couldn't go back to sleep...now at least I can go right back to sleep upon awaking. I've had meds and more meds and I still wake up

I had the same issue as you. Go find your machine's manual and change it yourself to 7 again so it stays there. If you feel that isn't working for you, go up one centimeter in pressure. If that doesn't work, try another centimeter. Edge up until you feel it's working for you.

I originally had a CPAP pressure of 10 when I was originally diagnosed. It was ballpark, though, and when I went to get my new machine they too asked for an autopap instead of paying for a sleep study.

After the auto not working, I finally started searching online to find out how to set this thing myself, and that's how I found myself here. After some experimenting with pressures, I've found that the pressure necessary for me is no longer 10, but 11.

I don't know what I would have done, besides languish, without the information on this site. Doctors ballpark the pressure according to a study, but as we age and perhaps gain weight, our needs change. The insurance companies don't want to pay out for studies anymore, so they throw the autopap at you. Well, the autopap is autocrap. It didn't work for me, like it didn't work for you.

Don't be afraid to ease up into a higher pressure to find your optimal zone.

I love that ....AUTOCRAP...ok. I have been jumping from 7 to 9 to 10 back down to 8...I'll go slow. I didn't think that 1 centimeter would make that much of a difference
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2013, 06:31 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: I have been on CPAP for 8 years now. To be brief, the problem is finding my pressure setting. This done by the autosetting on the Resmed. The problem is it's not responding correctly. On a range from 5 - 20 the machine goes all the way to 16 before I wake over come with o2. I have been awake and not asleep with my nasal mask on and the machine moves up and up and up. What's going on? My doctor believe the machine. I was diagnose during a sleep study to have mild sleep apnea. I have 2L of O2 bled in. I live in SC and the doctors here don't know how to do anything but issue cpap machines. I need a help! I already have high BP and high heart pressure.

Auto machines have an upper and lower pressure setting. Use the upper pressure setting if you need to. It's also a good idea to use the lower setting as well so that you don't have to suffer through a too low pressure until it adjust upwards.

CPAP should always be tuned in by looking at the apnea data collected by the machine and adjusting until you find the best setting.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I'm using the software Sleephead. This has been so empowering. Just as I have been stating to my providers, The report show the pressure raising to the max in under 20 minutes and staying there are night. I woke up around 01:00am. I started up CPAP around 22:00. I had had about 5 events by then. But my first events occurred around 00:30. I finally reset the auto to 4 - 7 from 4 -12. I end up with 19 events. The night before that I had the setting of 4 -7.2 and had 11 events. Yet again the pressure went from 4 - 7 in under 20 minutes. My first event around 00:30. I started the cpap around 23:00.
I call Resmed, but they were unconcern. The tech stated that they have never got that kind of compliant before. I tried to attach the report but limit to 200kb. the PDF is too large
Post Reply Post Reply
gogoailg5, any way you can post your SleepyHead graphs here? It might help us to see what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 08:59 PM)Paptillian Wrote: gogoailg5, any way you can post your SleepyHead graphs here? It might help us to see what's going on.

I tried. I printed the reports and scan them to a pdf file....however Theodor was to large there's a 200kb limit
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 09:48 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: I tried. I printed the reports and scan them to a pdf file....however Theodor was to large there's a 200kb limit

See this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...7#pid36397

The forum software's attachment size limit will be lifted soon automatically, after you post a bit more.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You could try posting screenshots. If you're using Windows, press Alt+Printscreen when the SleepyHead window is active. Then paste that into Paint or some other image editor and save it off somewhere. On Mac, I think you can press Command+Shift+4 and it'll save the screenshot to your desktop (someone check me on that).

Then you can upload that picture here directly (if you have space), or you can upload it to an image hosting website for free. I use http://www.postimage.org. Once you upload it there you can use the image URL on the forum.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,183 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.